Operations Associate, Quantitative Sciences
Flatiron’s Quantitative Sciences team is looking for an operations associate who will enable the team by driving key projects and process improvement, in partnership with the QS managers and senior leaders. Successful candidates will be extremely detailed-oriented, skilled at balancing multiple initiatives/projects at once and excited to support the QS team in doing critical work to accelerate our RWE business.
QS operations will collaborate with the Head of QS and the QS management team to help prioritize QS involvement across the company and externally, both from an organizational and a strategic standpoint.
This role will include a wide variety of responsibilities, from developing and implementing new processes to making the team more effective to managing capacity and training for the growing QS organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
Development of resources and tools to optimize team effectiveness -- examples include: owning and managing a complete and well-organized onboarding process for all new QS hires, supporting professional development activities, knowledge-sharing for training/policy/procedures, budget oversight, organization of team meetings and off-site activities, and facilitating prioritization of QS functional initiatives.
Implementation of operational processes that facilitate prioritization and strategic decision making about QS activities -- examples include: providing operational support to realize QS’ organizational goals, developing organizational methods and processes to track and prioritize work, maintaining a QS workstream/initiative tracker and partnering with QS managers in assignment of QS members to new projects/workstreams.
Problem solving and decision support for QS team and VP, QS -- examples include: building relationships with partner functional operations managers (e.g., on Research Oncology Operations), gathering information to address potential opportunities and challenges to support the QS VP in leading the team, and serving as an “on-the-ground” resource for individuals internal and external to QS.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness to work on a wide range of projects and requests
- Extremely detail-oriented, while maintaining big-picture goals
- Skilled at gracefully managing up, down, and across
- Previous work with cross-functional teams, and with co-workers from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Experience managing projects from concept to execution, with ability to incorporate learnings from previous projects to ensure continuous improvement
- Intellectually curious, with outstanding problem-solving skills
- Passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Experience within a regulated environment (e.g. Food & Drug Administration [FDA], Health and Human Services [HHS], Medicare/Medicaid)
- Experience in supporting chief of staff type of position
- Experience in healthcare, oncology, other scientific experience