How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra provides a complementary, white-glove Technical Onboarding for all new customers to ensure their initial success as they begin their Data Governance journey. Our Onboarding Engineers guide our customers through a sequence of technical enablement sessions ranging from installation and configuration to high level advisory services such as education on the Collibra API and Data Governance best practices. The Onboarding team plays a crucial role in establishing a post-sale relationship, guiding new customers through unfamiliar territory and making certain that our customers succeed. At Collibra, the customer is our “True North” and our Onboarding engineers steer the ship!
A day in the life of an Onboarding Engineer:
You’ll be reporting directly the Senior Support manager, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Proactively communicating with our new customers to schedule and define their Onboarding experience.
- Schedule sync calls with new customers to ensure they are successful going forward.
- Guiding customers through installation of our platform and basic configuration.
- Educating end-users on the fundamentals of Collibra’s Data Governance Center platform including navigation, functionality and behavior of out-of-the-box modules.
- Collaborating with customers project team to enable SSO/LDAP.
- Provide insight and clarity to advanced configurations.
- Enabling our customers development team on the basics of the Collibra Java and REST API.
- Installing Integration tools with customers to leverage Collibra Connect (Mule Connector).
- Maintaining healthy and fruitful relationships with customers measured by Net Promoter Score and Customer Satisfaction surveys.
- Superior written and verbal skills that illustrate the ability to communicate effectively, promptly and appropriately with new customers.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise level software architecture components and the ability to execute against Installation and Configuration guides with minimal assistance.
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure components and hardware.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Information Technologies.
- 2-5 years experience as a Support Engineer or Technical Account Manager.
- Experience with Java and/or REST APIs. A background in object-oriented programming is ideal.
- Experience with relational databases and repositories.
- A calm demeanour to prevent escalations and ease customer issues.
- Analytical and methodical problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Can manage competing priorities and understand the business landscape.
- Experience with scheduling tools and Google Calendar.
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package
Collibra is not currently accepting unsolicited assistance or resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to Collibra or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of Collibra. No fee shall be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Collibra as a result of the referral or through other means.