Office Operations Manager
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Are you a people person? Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you care about making others’ days better? We’re looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join the Policygenius People Ops team.
The People team is the anchor of Policygenius’ values and culture--and the People Ops team is the glue! You will be responsible for many elements that keep the company humming: iterating on our robust onboarding program, seamlessly managing operations & expansion of our fast-growing office, championing employee engagement & experience, and providing support on a broad set of service-oriented tasks with little supervision. You will also work alongside People Operations leadership on initiatives that align business objectives with Pg employees and management.
- Level up our onboarding program at company, department, and new hire levels. Continue to assess and iterate on the program design and administration to stay ahead of scale.
- Manage all aspects of office facilities and operations. This includes owning the budget, managing our food, beverage, and cleaning service vendor relationships, supervising our receptionist/coordinator, stocking our supply closet, liaising with building management, and everything in between!
- Plan, project manage, and maintain budget for potential office space expansion.
- Identify, conjure up, and plan creative ways to engage employees and build community--from company-wide events, to fun office team activities, to employee recognition concepts, to birthday/anniversary celebrations, to affinity groups.
- Build and leverage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to keep the pulse on what is/is not working within the employee engagement and people ops realms.
- Lean in on other special projects as needed by leadership.
- Ideally 2+ years of professional experience in office operations or equivalent. People management experience a plus.
- Experience project managing and planning for office expansions/build-outs.
- Outstanding written communication, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence.
- Self-awareness and openness to learn and grow.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- A self-starter mindset who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility--no matter how administrative, ambiguous, or strategic it is.
- High level of proven productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment.
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)