A bit about the job
We’re looking for that special someone to look after the growing team in our New York office.
If you’re that someone, you will:
- Make sure the office runs smoothly. We need someone who can strike deals with vendors, keep the office supplies supplied, the printer and WiFi working, and the pantry and fridge fully stocked
- Champion our company culture. You’ll create and keep traditions, keep our culture lively, scout out fun things for the social calendar, think about our wellbeing in the long term and remember our birthdays
- Support our travels. We have nine offices globally so we travel a lot. You’ll help us avoid all the headaches that go into that and maybe even enjoy being on the road
- Welcome new teammates. You’ll help them hit the ground running and you’ll advise the team on HR-related questions. (And keep HR updated on us.)
A bit about you
- Super-organized, creative and a quick learner, you’re adaptable and love a challenge
- You’re a self-starter. You see a problem and fix it before anyone has even noticed
- People admire your ability to take responsibility – and prioritize needs – in hectic situations
- You’re honest, able to own up to your mistakes, and never break promises
- You have thick skin, and a sense of humor
- Some previous Human Resource experience is a nice to have
Work and life at TransferWise
For the most part, no one will be telling you what to do. We’ll expect you to make our lives easier and happier by contributing as you see fit.
True, a lot of that will be the stuff we mention above, but the bottom line is that you’ll be your own boss, and at the same time, you’ll get tons of support from your colleagues. Not to mention tons of feedback.
The way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and head-scratching professional challenges get you psyched, this could be a really good match.
TransferWise is the smart way to send money to another country.
Banks and other traditional providers like to mark up the exchange rate and charge people hidden fees. They got away with it for far too long.
Enter TransferWise. We cost less. We’re reliable. We’re making international payments fairer and faster. We’re still David, but we’ve scored a lot of clean shots on Goliath and we’re getting stronger every day. It’s an exciting time to be here.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) and company matching
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 23 days paid time off and progressive family leave
- All-expenses-paid company holiday in Europe
- High-spec laptop, of your choice
- And more!
Please note, unfortunately at this time we are not able to sponsor any US visas.