Office Manager & EA (NewCo)
What is NewCo?
“NewCo” (short for “New Company”) is a new consumer-focused DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry’s. Over the past year, Harry’s has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG (consumer packaged goods) category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people. NewCo is currently in pre-launch stealth mode and will be spun-off as an independent company before the brand launches.
About the Role
The Office Manager / Executive Assistant role is extremely broad. As one of the initial employees at an early-stage start-up, you’ll wear many different hats - from supporting team meetings to ensuring payroll and benefits are properly administered to keeping supplies in stock. Additionally, you’ll support the NewCo CEO and Leadership Team administratively (managing calendars, travel, expenses). You’ll also play a key role in helping build the NewCo culture and making it an awesome place to work. In short, this highly organized, endlessly resourceful, thoughtful person will be a jack/jill of all trades that ensures nothing falls through the cracks. You’ll not only have the unique opportunity to gain experience in helping build a company from the ground up, but you’ll have a significant role in shaping its success.
Who you are:
Because the role is so dynamic, you must possess strong business judgment and agility to handle whatever might come your way. You have a passion for organizational efficiency and effectiveness and are a natural people person that has the communication skills needed to deftly handle a wide variety of people, functions and situations. You care deeply about people and teams and want to make an impact on building culture. Importantly, you can thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing and often ambiguous environment that is a start-up where you often need to come up with solutions or processes because it hasn’t been done before.
What you will accomplish - Office Management (70%)
- Inventory, maintain, and stock equipment and supplies (e.g., office supplies, IT equipment, snacks/drinks).
- Be the focal point for IT needs in the office, liaising with external IT support as required.
- Handle invoices and supplier payments on an ad hoc basis.
- Proactively create and improve processes, systems, and tools to optimize office functionality / efficiency.
- Help onboard new employees and coordinate with our external HR partner (PEO) to ensure payroll and benefits are administered properly and accurately.
- Be the cultural ambassador for the office - constantly looking for ways to make NewCo a better place to work and drive employee engagement.
- Create meaningful and engaging celebrations and activities that align with company values and goals.
- Support as required with Marketing, Events, PR, CX and People related needs.
- Manage relationships with building staff and office providers.
What you will accomplish - Executive Assistant (30%)
- Expertly manage day-to-day scheduling, coordination, and meeting logistics for the CEO and Leadership Team.
- Ensure team is prepared for meetings and events, internally and externally. This includes soliciting agendas, drafting prep docs, creating itineraries, making reservations, printing material, taking great notes, and doing whatever it takes to ensure effective preparation and action item follow-ups.
- Manage expense reports and travel.
- Anticipate needs, look around corners, and provide the highest caliber of administrative support
- 2+ years of professional experience, ideally in operations or in a fast-paced executive support function with cross-functional interaction.
- Exceptionally detail oriented: You are a perfectionist who never lets anything fall through the cracks. You close every loop, spot every error, and look around corners to make sure every detail is perfect.
- Proactive: You’re always three steps ahead, and know how to manage senior executives to help them avoid potential pitfalls. You are solution oriented.
- Care about workplace culture: Some people come to work to do their job – you will see the workplace as somewhere to have also fun with others and to learn/grow, and put in place initiatives that make coming to work every day a more enjoyable experience for the NewCo team.
- Entrepreneurial and Team Player: As a small start-up team, flexibility will be key. You are willing to help with any task no matter how big or small on any given day.
- Great communicator: You can communicate nuance effectively to anyone, and you know how to modify your style based on who you’re interacting with. Whether it’s in an email, over the phone, or in person, you know how to get things done through your ability to clearly and professionally express yourself.
- Consistent, Reliable and Hardworking: You are endlessly reliable, trustworthy, and consistent in your ability to produce the highest quality work. Everyone counts on you.
- Creative problem solver: There’s no sticky situation that you can’t wiggle your way out of. You can think quickly on your feet and you come with solutions.
- Relationship builder: You are naturally able to build rapport quickly such that you become a go-to in the office as a helpful resource.
- Proficient in G-suite. Basic skills in Excel and PowerPoint a plus.
About Harry’s & NewCo:
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry’s has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business (“NewCo”) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.