Office Coordinator & Executive Assistant
Our mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Each patient’s story has the unique potential to teach us something new about the way cancer works, and help us find more effective treatments, faster. At Flatiron, we believe that learning from the experience of every cancer patient is an imperative — it is the key to accelerating research and continuing to improve the quality of care. What stands in the way is an overwhelming technology challenge — much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. It is a problem that we believe we can solve.
Our Office Ops team is the heart of operations at Flatiron Health. We work behind the scenes to keep Flatiron running smoothly and help teams thrive by prioritizing and anticipating their needs. This job requires someone who can handle client-facing duties as well as general office management tasks. When our clients walk into our office, we want them to find a friendly, smiling face and a helping hand. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and a thirst to learn in a fast paced environment. Please note this job is temp to perm.
- Serve as the Flatiron HQ receptionist
- Welcoming, checking in, directing all visitors & candidates
- Manage & maintain Flatiron’s daily visitor list
- Answer & screen the Flatiron HQ general inquiries telephone line
- Work with Office Ops to help maintain workplace security by following procedures; monitoring visitor log; issuing visitor badges.
- Own Office Ops related projects and events as assigned
- Support two senior leaders
- Provide administrative support to 2 or more of our senior leaders
- Manage communications and scheduling, calendar management, travel coordination, expense report management
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between the appropriate internal departments
- Proactively consider and organize important deadlines, meetings, and necessary follow up
- Bachelor’s degree & 2+ years experience
- Customer service oriented
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with heavy calendaring with Google Calendar is a must
- Ability to maintain composure and sense of humor in high-pressure situations
- Track record of consistently going above and beyond
- Mature, logical, strategic, polished, nuanced, quick-learner
- Passionate about our mission and the opportunity to work in a top-tier startup environment
- Startup and/or experience in a hyper-growth organization preferred