The New Development Manager will scout, research, and develop reports on candidate new development buildings to be marketed and rented by Nooklyn.com. Once a pitch is successful and exclusive listing agreement signed, the NDM will coordinate pricing, marketing and leasing with the building management, Nooklyn staff, Nooklyn’s on site agent team, and Nooklyn agents in general.
Nooklyn.com is a tech start-up fixing how people find apartments and roommates.
1. Project Acquisition
- Research new projects in development.
- Maintain CRM of developers and owners.
- Represent our deal book of projects, and our unique approach to design, data, marketing, pricing, and leasing.
- Develop/give pitches with Nooklyn agents.
- Follow up with questions from owners.
- Negotiate signed exclusive agreements.
2. Project Launch
- Identify building-specific strategies (pricing, incentives, neighborhood tie-ins, logo design, signage, text for advertising).
- Coordinate showroom director, photographers, designers.
- Set up on-site office, signage, client registration and feedback system.
- Launch event.
- Build and maintain webpage.
3. Project Execution
- Develop showing strategies specific to the building project.
- Conduct walk-throughs and rehearsal showings with agents.
- Liaison to all agent for project questions.
- Direct advertising on Streeteasy, Google, Facebook, and other social media.
- Advise on advertising on other platforms, including print, open listings websites, broker blasts, mailers, etc.
- Collect showing feedback to determine what is working.
- Recommend ongoing adjustments to pricing and incentive strategies.
- Weekly updates to the agent leasing team.
- Weekly updates to Nooklyn management.
- Ongoing events.
4. Project Completion
- Develop reports with take-away lessons.
- Plan closing event if needed.
- Maintain contact with ownership.
SKILLS & APTITUDES
- High and mid-luxury leasing experience in New York City
- Attention to detail and organization
- Streeteasy and other listings platforms.
- High social media expertise.
- Writing and editing
- Microsoft Excel, graphic design.
- Public presentations.
- Apple Keynote
- Analyze data and spot trends.
- Follow real estate development news.
- Team management.
- Constituency building among agents.
Base salary + Project-based bonuses.