Manager, Retail Operations & Supply Chain
Greater NYC Area
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being part of history and future success.
As the Manager of Retail Operations & Supply Chain you are leading the supply chain for Freshly’s new retail business unit. You are responsible for the production and delivery of Freshly’s retail products from the manufacturer to the retailer’s warehouse. You will be managing contract manufacturers and 3rd-party logistics companies, while working directly with retail customers and distributors. You will report to the Director of Retail, while working cross-functionally with Freshly’s operations, procurement, logistics, and product development teams.
- Responsible for the retail supply chain.
- Manage Freshly’s co-manufacturers and packaging suppliers on a daily basis.
- Coordinate incoming purchase orders and make sure POs are placed with various co-manufacturers.
- Manage forecasting and EDI platform for retail orders.
- Optimize the supply chain to ensure the quality of Freshly’s retail products.
- Project manage retail operations, including 3rd party logistics network.
- Identify cost-efficient way to manufacture and ship products to national retailers.
- Responsible for handling operations related retail inquiries.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 4+ years of experience in supply chain at a CPG/food company, or other relevant experience.
- Communication: Both strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new software.
- Travel: Ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Special skills: Entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to make quick decisions and pivot in the event of any supply chain issues. Detail oriented, dependable, people oriented and highly organized.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description