Manager, Delegate Oversight
Hi, we’re Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the Role:
The Network team is responsible for overseeing the operations of our provider network across current markets and setting up our operations and relationships as Oscar expands into new markets. As the Delegate Oversight Manager, you will be responsible for driving the performance and compliance of Oscar’s delegated accounts - third party organizations to which Oscar delegates core insurance functions - and building out Oscar’s delegate oversight program as the company grows. The role will combine leadership of Oscar’s cross-functional Delegation Oversight Committee (DOC) with project management and operational process improvement of DOC activities including delegate contracting, reporting and auditing.
During your first six weeks:
- Quickly develop an informed view of Oscar’s core delegate relationships and oversight program
- Develop an understanding of Oscar’s operations and relationships with your counterparts on key internal teams such as compliance, quality, claims, utilization management, care delivery and customer service
- Begin to drive oversight activities for Oscar’s delegate accounts
Moving forward, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Become the go-to individual at the company for delegate oversight operations and compliance
- Regularly interface with Oscar business leads to drive discussions related to delegate oversight, ensure deliverables are completed on time and remove roadblocks
- Facilitate quarterly Delegation Oversight Committee meetings with Oscar business leads
- Continually refine operational processes for delegate oversight to ensure compliance and scalability
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience at a health plan, preferably in oversight of delegated accounts or compliance
- Experience overseeing large projects that require strong organizational skills, document management and collaborating with a broad array of different teams within an organization
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you...
- are highly organized, diligent about prioritizing projects, and capable of managing a complex process
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy presenting and leading discussions
- know how to build relationships and can manage across levels, personalities, and working styles to drive important initiatives forward
- are excited by the challenges of working at a constantly evolving, high-growth start-up that will require you to build the tools and processes you need to do your job well
- show keen attention to detail and a willingness to get into the weeds and learn about different healthcare business functions
- have a strong sense of urgency, a bias for action, and thrive in fast paced environments
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.