At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As the CX Operations Manager, you will oversee our inventory recovery and billing teams. You will be the lead for third parties, including couriers, carriers, and risk services and will partner cross-functionally with our operations, transportation, security, and finance teams. You will advocate for our customer, working to continuously improve our processes and communications while monitoring potential fraud and ensuring we recover all inventory.
What You’ll Do:
- Own end-to-end customer processes for billing and inventory recovery
- Build a customer-centric team, focused on LTV, while balancing operational efficiency and overall performance
- Partner closely with our Finance and Security teams to build the process for recovering accounts and inventory, utilizing third party services and internal products to identify risk
- Work with CX Leadership to enhance training and customer facing language relating to billing issues and inventory recovery
- Continuously assess performance of existing and developing return recovery processes, making recommendations and taking initiative to improve against both operational and financial KPI goals
- Review and process unreconciled items to ensure customer account accuracy and to support reconciliation reporting
- You have 5+ years experience in a customer-centric (B2C or B2B) claims, billing or payment recovery role
- You have 3+ years of people leadership experience
- Experience with Tableau, ThreatMetrix, and Castle preferred; experience with Kustomer is a plus
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Proven track record building and updating team processes, based on both company and industry changes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Fraud Management
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need