Lead Radiology Technologist
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Lead Radiology Technologist to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. As the Lead Radiology Administrator at Covera Health, you'll work with the Company’s internal and external clinical experts to administrate and define sets of guidelines and definitions for optimal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam protocols related to specific anatomical exams (e.g. shoulder, knee, spine and body).
You will be involved in performing the quality assessment of MRI imaging that is performed at our Centers of Excellence. You will work closely with our Chief Medical Director, Dr. Richard Herzog who is also Director of Spinal Imaging at Hospital for Special Surgery and Professor of Radiology at Weill Medical College of Cornell University in New York City. You will also be responsible for serving as a key liaison to radiology provider organizations to communicate information about these exam protocol guidelines and to assist these organizations in their efforts to modify their protocols and practices.
You will be expected to:
- In collaboration with our clinical team, contribute to efforts to define guidelines and standards for MRI protocols related to specific diagnostic exams and be involved in the quality assessment of the imaging exams.
- Create material to capture and communicate information about MRI exam protocol guidelines and standards.
- Serve as key liaison to radiology provider organizations.
- Assist radiology provider organizations in their efforts to modify their protocols and practices.
- Perform other duties and contribute to additional initiatives/projects, as deemed appropriate by the Company’s management team.
- ARMRIT Certification or equivalent; BA degree preferred
- At least 5 years of work experience as one of:
- Senior MRI Technologist and Department Supervisor overseeing daily operations in a hospital, health system or large radiology practice.
- Senior MRI Administrator, with prior experience as a senior MRI Technologist/Supervisor, of an imaging department in a hospital, health system or large radiology practice.
- MR Imaging Application Specialist at MRI equipment vendor, responsible for supporting customers on topics related to MRI exam protocols. Prior experience as a senior MRI Technologist and Department Supervisor overseeing daily operations in a hospital, health system or large radiology practice.
- Experience configuring and managing the imaging sequences included in MRI exam protocols.
- Experience configuring default/optimal pulse sequence parameters and geometry settings within MRI exam protocols.
- Experience working with MRI scanners from multiple vendors.
- Experience interfacing with Radiologists and MRI Technologists.
- Strong communicator with excellent ability to work in a team environment.
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!