Lead Director, Client Strategy
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An effective and experienced senior leader who is skilled in building and nurturing client relationships while also leading an agile team and developing talent. We are looking for an individual possessing excellent communication, strategic thinking and leadership skills to serve as a player-coach across a portfolio of accounts. This role reports into the Senior Director of Client Services.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Overseeing the health of agency holding group and/or independent agency relationships as a senior strategic advisor, guiding problem-solving discussions with your team and providing best-in-class client services.
- Coaching a team of stellar client service managers; overseeing their day-to-day management, motivating the team by setting clear expectations, developing career path plans, providing constructive feedback, and maintaining a high level of performance from the team.
- Demonstrating the value of The Trade Desk to clients by providing innovative solutions that meet the clients’ needs and our business goals.
- Leading key senior agency client meetings in collaboration with business development and trading counterparts.
- Developing trusting and productive relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Leading the team development of portfolio-specific goals for the short and long term based on the company’s vision and values and are responsible for tracking progress of the portfolio goals.
- Heavily involved in product development by identifying how to build product that provides solutions for our clients’ business objectives and working with the team to understand client needs, assess how serious the need is and communicate those needs to leadership.
- Managing for team bandwidth, delivering a high-level of account support and reporting progress against goals to management.
- Communicating well with other functional leaders by solving business challenges together, identifying opportunities for growth, and collaborating to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the organization.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 7+ years of industry or relatable experience with a significant amount of that time managing teams of 2+ employees.
- Experience in developing, nurturing and managing senior client relationships.
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth with large customer accounts.
- Strong management and leadership skills through a collaborative team approach.
- A sense of maturity and ability to see the larger picture when making internal and external decisions and coaching your team to do the same.
- Repeatedly and consistently demonstrates confidence and good judgment in ambiguous situations, is experienced in diffusing difficult situations, and has a proven track record of resolving conflict.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, executive team and industry groups.
- Execute, and coach others to execute, timely in fast-paced environment through effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ambition to develop personally and nurture the development of others.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Exemplars of TTD culture and values, teaching others how to act with grit, humility, generosity and poise.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.