LCL Operations Associate
Salivating at the thought of building relationships while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
- Manage day to day operational needs for our Less than Container Load (LCL) consolidations across the world
- Manage exceptions within the LCL consolidation & deconsolidation process
- Continuously identify and execute on efficiencies;
- Continuously drive to deliver on our promise of “Free Trade Through Technology”
- Contract tracking and auditing; collaborate with domestic and international partners and vendors
- Work closely with Global Pricing & Procurement team in San Francisco on pricing for Flexport world-wide RFQs (bids for new business);
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and 1-2 year of experience at a top consulting firm, e-commerce space, at a freight consolidator or a freight forwarding company is preferred
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Next-level attention to detail.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.