IT Team Lead
Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is an IT Team Lead important to us?
The IT Team Lead will help guide the IT organization in remaining up to date, progressive and compliant in all things Technology related. This position will oversee all major operating systems and shared networks across several geographical locations and will split their time between our Manhattan office and Long Island City manufacturing facility. A strong IT Team Lead will strive for automation and monitoring systems over manual busywork.
As an IT Team Lead you will:
- Be a Player/Coach; providing vision and leadership in Information and Communication Technologies (IT), as well as get in the weeds with hands-on work responding to internal helpdesk requests
- Manage your time between HQ, our manufacturing facility in LIC, and manage an IT Technician in Eindhoven
- Be the technical point of contact for our partnership in our new HQ via WeWork Enterprise
- Ensure graceful degradation of IT systems and oversee network architecture and maintenance
- Budget for information and communication technologies; equipment, assets, and licenses as it applies to business growth and replacements
- Conduct and maintain inventory and asset management
- Coordinate with the Shapeways DevOps team on system setups and implementations
- Define service level agreement (SLA) for global IT systems
- Select and implement monitoring and reporting tools
- Research, gather information and make decisions on “build vs buy”
- Patriciate in vendor evaluations, contract agreements, and ongoing vendor management
- Own account creation/deletion for Shapeways employees
- Work as a part of a global organization and participate in ad-hoc projects as needed
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience in Information and Communication Technology at a fast-moving business
- Are experienced and have an in-depth working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Mac systems
- Are proficient in configuring, debugging, and maintaining networks
- Are familiar with Google Suite and MS Office
- Enjoy and are skilled at building, installing, and debugging PCs and laptops
- Possess strong people skills; this includes positive leadership abilities, collaboration, patience and tact
- Are a strong communicator with excellent writing skills (emails, documentation, etc.)
- Comfortable juggling and coordinating multiple projects across several channels simultaneously, while managing time effectively
- Thrive on being detail oriented with optimal organizational skills; with a focus on teamwork and follow-up
- Are able to split time between our Flatiron office and Long Island City (Queens, NY) factory
- Have passion and drive to change the way that things are made
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.