IT Support Manager
Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
This NYC based role supports users in our NYC & SF office as well as a population of remote workers. In this role you will manage, develop, and coach a team of 5 IT Support Engineers and help us build a service-focused support experience for our employees.
A typical day will include ensuring that all support tickets are assigned, working with the IT support team to ensure SLA and targets are being met, responding to support requests (yes, you’ll also be supporting our employees), account administration, and contributing to the varying “whatever it takes to get the job done” needs of our team. We are a small, growing team which means there are changing priorities, and plenty of opportunities for you to learn and contribute.
As an IT Support Manager you will:
- Manage and develop our IT Support staff.
- Triage and manage our IT Support ticket queue.
- Mature the management of IT tickets by improving ticketing workflows, SLA’s, developing target metrics, and producing weekly/monthly reports that identify key performance indicators.
- Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of Mac OSX, Windows 10, Chromebooks, desktop applications, and conference room hardware.
- Lead initiatives to mitigate endpoint security risks, improve endpoint provisioning and capabilities, and deploy tools that help productivity and accessibility.
- Update and add new documentation for our employees in our knowledge base, workflows, and playbooks.
- Participate in our on-call support rotation which includes after-hours support, new hire onboarding duties, offboarding duties for exiting employees, and event A/V support.
- Provide guidance and technical mentorship to our IT support engineers.
- You have 5+ years experience in enterprise IT Support and 3+ years as a people manager.
- Administration, configuration, and use of Jira Service Desk, Service Now, Samanage, or similar service desk systems.
- Heavy experience managing a computer fleet using JAMF & SCCM/GPOs.
- GSuite, Bettercloud, Zoom, Okta, and Slack experience.
- You have a thorough understanding of network protocols and services: TCP, UDP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Operational experience supporting and managing Active Directory, Windows domains, and GPOs.
- Don’t necessarily follow the same recipe all the time. You challenge the status quo and optimize when it makes sense.
- You are customer service driven and excel at providing the best possible user support experience.
- Microsoft Certified (in any area)
- JAMF Certified
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification.
- GSuite Administrator certification.
- Experience supporting Zoom video conference or similar technologies.
- A/V experience with Crestron, Extron, and Zoom Room hardware.