As an IT Specialist, you'll provide world class tech support to fellow Vimeans in a complex environment while collaborating heavily with our peer IAC teams. You‘ll work independently, anticipating and responding to the needs of Vimeans in technical need with your toolbelt at the ready, working diligently to ensure that our users have the best experience we’re able to deliver.
As a Vimean, you’ll join a team of professionals who strive to delight out creators every day in everything we do.
From the first day that users join Vimeo, you’re there, helping them get setup, and guiding them along the way. You’re a key player in the ecosystem that makes up vimeo!
What you'll do:
- Experienced: you bring at least five years supporting both Microsoft Windows and macOS users with a recent focus on Win10 and OS X 10.10 and higher; your technical experience is wide ranging, including familiarity in Networking, Systems
- A communications black belt: you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, slack (we use that a lot!), hallway conversations or RFC 1149; You’re comfortable dissecting requests, and understanding the needs of fellow vimeans.
- A problem solving master: you conduct problem dissection and termination with skill and ruthlessness, easily identifying and troubleshooting problems, resolving conflicts and finding solutions. Leaving a wake of working systems and happy customers behind you.
- Customer-focused: you're all about anticipating the needs of your customers and always do right by them; you tread the fine line between effectiveness and efficiency for the sake of customers and hold the quality of your work to the highest standards
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Be the owner of every IT ticket that comes your way: investigate, troubleshoot, and fix problems, calling in reinforcements when needed; utilize IT systems and procedures to continuously improve service methodology
- Maintain, inventory, troubleshoot and repair computing infrastructure and hardware including printers, workstations, switches and stuff that our users need
- Help our users deliver on the needs of our creators, ensuring that they’re setup to be successful.
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.