IT Project Manager- Construction Build Outs
Are you passionate about bringing a method to the madness and driving change? Peloton is looking for a bright, adaptable, and hardworking Project Manager with a diverse set of skills who can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment.
As a Project Manager, you will manage the Enterprise Technology (EIT) scope of Peloton’s larger construction efforts for large studios and offices in North America; you will support, to a lesser extent, similar build outs overseas as well. A successful candidate will excel in a fast paced team environment, and possess excellent communication skills. You have a high degree of familiarity over the IT, AV, and Security disciplines as relates to new or major construction; you also are well-versed in the process to build large scale construction, including design oversight, schedule, budget management, dependencies, the bid process, vendor and partner management, etc. Please note that this is NOT a role which will work with or liaise with software engineers, and this is NOT a role which will work on software application development build outs.
This person will manage project work and budget, acting on variances from the plan as well as bringing the projects to closure, documenting project execution by creating a body of knowledge, and suggesting process improvements for future projects.
This person is not required to have hands-on technical or construction experience, but is required to work with technical and other staff typically involved in large construction build outs, manage technical projects, and develop an understanding of technical operations and infrastructure at Peloton. This person will focus on managing design and deployment of technical infrastructure to new sites, working closely with technical leads within the team, business stakeholders throughout Peloton, and vendors.
- Project management:
- Perform the overall day-to-day management of multiple, simultaneous, IT Construction projects to ensure that project goals are achieved within time/cost/quality constraints
- Responsible for IT Construction project documentation including project plan and weekly status reports
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources to ensure the IT Construction project’s overall direction and integrity
- Facilitate regular project and update meetings
- Manage the risks of the IT Construction projects, including the development of contingency plans
- Manage IT Construction project scope and change control and escalate issues where necessary
- Track and report IT Construction project actual expenditures as compared to the budget and effectively manage the project to successful completion within tolerances
- Build outs:
- Responsible for ensuring that IT Construction project business and IT goals and requirements are captured, documented, and understood
- Work with Peloton and vendor partners to drive the bidding process for IT (low voltage), AV, and Security consultants and trades and liaise with and manage (as needed) these vendors and suppliers in relation to the IT Construction project
- Manage internal resources (team members who will not be reporting to you, but will be assigned to the effort) to get the work done
- Ensure all groups are adequately consulted and are satisfied with each deliverable as it affects their specialist area
- Develop and demonstrate broad knowledge of Enterprise Technology infrastructure solutions as related to the technology included in the IT Construction build out
- 5+ years project management experience related to:
- Technology implementations in large, custom, construction build outs
- IT, Security, and AV vendor management and coordination
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Strong track record of IT Construction project delivery and benefits realization
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with portfolio stakeholders
- Experience in the identification, assessment, and management of risks; able to manage the risks, not just the risk list
- Experience in strategic planning and analysis
- Determined and committed to deliver outcomes and able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward. Accountable for the delivery of outcomes, strives to meet and exceed expectations.
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward looking
NICE TO HAVE:
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or equivalent experience
- 4 years contextual technical infrastructure project experience
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching others in technical Project Management methodologies and tactics
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.