International Freight Manager
The International Freight Manager role is responsible for all aspects of strategy, coordination and execution related to international freight movements. As the owner of this process it will be critical that the applicant has experience managing all facets of ocean, air & domestic bookings as well as carrier contract negotiations. Management of freight will encompass origin bookings up to warehouse delivery in North America as part of the purchase order lifecycle. Expectations are that the candidate will establish measurable SLAs and hold our freight providers accountable to them. Key parts of the position will be to optimize our origin vendor management and streamline all destination operations creating a seamless end to end process. This candidate will be expected to build best practices for our international fulfillment structure and help develop a long-term strategy to sustain the company’s fast paced growth.
- Create and manage RFP process for incumbent and future freight providers: freight forwarders and/or carrier direct relationships
- Own all communication and negotiation for freight contracts as well as any associated increases: e.g. GRI, PSS etc.
- Manage all facets of international distribution including but not limited to: carrier allocation, prioritization, service selection and capacity management/contract adherence
- Full origin vendor management of bookings and sailings ensuring PO arrival requirements are being met
- Proactively manage freight movements between destination port and warehouse while balancing priority changes
- Supervise and dispatch coordination of all drayage carriers as well as associated contract negotiation
- Maintain and audit of current tariff classifications for current & new products working with customs brokers
- Ensure company is in compliance with US CBP record keeping and reporting requirements including annual entry audits
- Coordinate with US Customs & Border Protection, USFDA, USDA and other government agencies as needed
- Creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for all 3PLs
- Develop and execute cost effective freight solutions throughout the various modes of transportation utilized by Peloton
- Liaise all international freight industry issues & trends related to Peloton business and their impact upon achieving company business targets
- Ensure all information related to international movements is accurately captured and updated in our ERP
- 8+ years experience in managing international freight distribution either at freight forwarder or importer
- Previous skill in managing origin bookings for multiple Asia based vendors
- Proficient at negotiating and executing ocean & drayage contracts
- Strong, verbal communication & cross functional coordination skills
- Ability to lead, support and manage the global team working on the Peloton transportation account
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and extremely well organized
- Previous start-up experience is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.