Internal Audit Manager - Technology
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The IA team at OnDeck acts as an independent third line of defense with a focus on adding value across the company through reducing risks, increasing operational efficiency, and protecting shareholders, customers, and employees.
In this hands-on role, you will report directly to the Head of Internal Audit and be responsible for leading all technology focused Internal Audit efforts across the organization. The role will have high visibility, with opportunities to interact with and build relationships across all levels and departments within the company. You will also be the key point person to develop, implement, and streamline Internal Audit’s approach to technology risks and controls.
As the Internal Audit Manager for Technology at OnDeck on the Internal Audit Team, you will:
- Lead all technology focused efforts for the Internal Audit team, including identifying and assessing risks, testing/reviewing/monitoring of work, reporting on findings, and collaborating with management on remediation efforts.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective IT internal audit program, including an IT Audit methodology and approach.
- Lead Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing efforts for technology including scoping, testing, reporting, and coordinating with our external auditor.
- Assist in performing our annual risk assessment and development of the annual audit plan for IT areas.
- Coordinate efforts over Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports.
- Assist with the presentation of audit findings and risk assessments outcomes to Senior Management.
- Develop relationships with all employee levels across the company, external auditors, and highlight best business and control practices.
- Partner with management to mitigate risks by helping to think through creative solutions to issues.
- Participate in Audit Committee meetings and other strategic initiatives, as necessary.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 5 years of technology audit or risk and controls experience including general controls, application controls, and other technology areas. Big 4 experience is preferred.
- At least 2 years experience managing an IT SOX compliance testing program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, or a related field.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, or comparable professional designation is required.
- Experience auditing a wide range of applications and tools, including both internally developed and third party.
- Experience with leading IT practices and IT controls and governance frameworks such as ISO 27001, COBIT, or NIST.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to understand a broad range of factors (i.e. business processes, risks, controls and underlying IT architecture), identify control gaps, and focus on risk-based out of the box solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with control owners, clients, or management.
- Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes. Experience creating standard methodologies (internal audit, risk assessment, SOX) is a plus.
- Ability to travel when required (less than 10%)
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience in financial services, specifically lending or FinTech is a plus
- Experience performing pre and post implementation reviews
- Experience with Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports is a plus.
- Knowledge of data analytics concepts and techniques is a plus.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**