Health & Wellness Director, Strategic Programs
Greater NYC Area
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
The Health & Wellness Team is looking for a Health & Wellness Director, Strategic Programs to join our NYC team. You will support the team in designing and executing programs to activate H&W strategies that drive the brand and business growth. This role will implement programming that operationalizes the function of H&W, involving interaction with key cross-functional partners, and leveraging the understanding of the H&W landscape.
- Drive and support the foundational build and execution of Freshly’s H&W plan and develop and manage specific programs that fulfill the pillars of the plan.
- Lead the development of relevant H&W communication approaches and materials for customers, health care professionals and wellness industry.
- Understand and apply the body of knowledge on nutrition, health, and wellness to advise, uncover and drive insights, and create systematic processes using it that shape the best business decisions.
- Create internal programs that monitor scientific, consumer behavior, and market research and trends, and report such in a way that meets department and leadership team needs.
- Build, leverage and maintain network of nutrition science and key researchers in food/nutrition and wellness.
- Develop advocacy and policy agenda for categories that align with Freshly’s H&W pillars and key focus areas
- Develop and drive health and wellness programs with healthcare professionals
- Apply expertise in science communications, translate scientific nutrition, health, wellness and lifestyle research relative to Freshly products and services and for varied stakeholders and audiences
- Check and approve scientific credibility of new developed communication material
- Create opportunities to present innovations, programs & positions at professional/ industry conferences and events
- Support the creation of guideposts and guardrails based on findings from research analysis, and trend and consumer/behavioral analyses
- In partnership with Communications team, support the work that develops the internal and external multi-dimensional Freshly Health & Wellness narrative.
- Assess, identify, and support ways of forming reliable and productive relationships with organizations in key sectors relative to health and wellness, e.g., nutrition and dietetics, health care, public health, sports/fitness, and community health.
- Apply knowledge of public health and wellness policy sector to inform and apprise the H&W team of advances, challenges, and opportunities that will assist Freshly in decision making.
- Responsible for recommending and supporting the development and implementation of metrics to measure effectiveness of H&W programs and standards, and accomplishments toward success in our efforts of building a culture of wellness
- Analyze budgetary components of programs, processes, and sponsorships, evaluating the value of impact in achieving the goals against the budgetary cost.
- Advanced degree preferred; MSC degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Communications, RD or other relevant discipline
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in a related discipline such as in-house nutrition/health communications in CPG in natural/organic (preferred), or industry association group experience
- Previous experience in nutrition, health & wellness research translation and communications for targeted audiences; H&W program creation, management, and evaluation; and effective organization relationship building.
- Working knowledge of H&W research landscape, including public policy sector
- Basic understanding of global health & wellness institutions and programs
- Experience in nutrition-health education
- Experience working with: NGOs/Academics/Scientific groups, Professional Advisory Organizations, Professional Retailers/Trade Associations
- Superior awareness of consumers, competitor brands, products and health & wellness initiatives
- Able to work with health authorities and experts to jointly promote behavior change, relevant to our brands
- Understanding of the health influencer landscape (key contacts, knowledge, needs, attitudes, perceptions)
- Able to include key messages and motivational context in Health Influencer communication
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and the desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- At least five years experience managing direct reports
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description