Head of Workplace & Real Estate, North America
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As the senior manager in the region, you will be responsible for Collibra’s offices across North America, ensuring they operate seamlessly, reflect company culture and values, and are places where Collibrians love to come to work! This role will oversee our main office in New York and satellite locations across North America. Touching on everything from office safety and security to the snacks that we provide, the Head of Workplace and Real Estate will impact nearly every person that comes through our door. They will also work closely with our partner teams around the globe to develop programs, processes, and procedures, and ensure they are successfully implemented at each site.
A day in the life of the Head of Workplace & Real Estate, North America at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Global Head of Workplace & Real Estate, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Overseeing all aspects associated with building and office expansion, maintenance, office furniture and equipment in the region.
- Creating project plans, budgets and timelines to support team priorities and delivering timely completion for all initiatives
- Managing leasing activity based on regular, accurate reporting of space requirements and performance
- Driving continuous improvements in service levels and quality across all Workplace functions
- Maintaining a professional business relationship with vendors and landlords by negotiating contracts and matters pertaining to operations
- Planning utilization of space and facilities that meet organizational requirements and are consistent with global standards
- Proactively identifying and recommending initiatives that focus on service improvements, cost reductions, quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry trends and other relevant factors that affect workplace effectiveness
- Ensuring Environmental Health and Safety programs are enforced and comply with regulatory standards in each market
- Hiring, developing, coaching and managing a strong and cohesive team of Office Managers & Coordinators
- Minimum 8 years of progressive facilities management, real estate and operations experience. Large, multi-site facilities management across multiple locations is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, facilities management or a related field is required; MBA preferred
- Experience directly managing full range of workplace services through expansion & growth
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Highly effective vendor management experience focused on providing timely, effective, high quality solutions
- Ability to achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing relationships with leadership and other key stakeholders across the business
- Exceptional project management experience
- A track record of management progression and proven ability to perform at the senior management level
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package