Head of Product Support
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Product Support Manager responsible for the support strategy for Squarespace product on the Customer Operations team. The global Product Support team plays a important connection between product development groups and our customers. This requires ensuring product launches run smoothly within the Customer Support department, ensuring product-related knowledge our customers receive from Squarespace support is accurate, thorough, and relevant to them, and ensuring that product gaps or issues are quantified and addressed by our product management team. You are an essential contributor to support strategy around new launches, using your analytical skills and strategic perspective to recommend solutions that will shape our products and enhance user satisfaction and engagement while reducing the overall interactions, ensuring customer success with Squarespace.
The Senior Support Manager will oversee two related tier 3 support teams, Product Support and Technical Product Support. Both teams assist with complex product issues impacting many types of customers spanning the breadth and depth of the entire Squarespace product offering. This role works closely with Product and Engineering to advocate for previously escalated bugs and feature requests impacting customers, and works cross functionally to continuously measure improvement of remaining issues. As well, the Technical Product Support team support our APIs, technical documentation and help to advocate for our Developer Platform.
Your role will be a combination of customer service, people management, program management and strategic planning. You’ll spend your time with the following:
- Mentoring our Product Support team members and guiding the well-established team to the next era
- Manage daily operations of team members & Senior Team Leads
- Suggesting and implementing new strategies and tools to improve customer support as well as make the team more efficient through collaboration with several diverse teams
- Partner with Product and Engineering Leads to ensure customer issues are being prioritized and there is a support strategy in place, ensuring streamlined release for our customers
- Develop and implement frameworks to ensure our customers maximize the value of Squarespace with a focus on usability and new features that reduce the need for customers to contact support
- Support Product Roadmap process by highlighting essential functionality needs across our customer base
- Ensure escalated support cases receive prompt and effective solutions by the global Product Support team ensuring a positive experience to all customers
- Continue to build and improve KPIs and success metrics that highlight the health and satisfaction of our customer base with the Squarespace platform
- A problem solver with at least 7 to 10 years experience in customer service and software support, and a minimum of 5 years people management
- An influential mentor. You keep a patient and positive attitude, even in the most challenging situations
- You are passionate about training, teaching, learning, and development
- You can guide a team through organizational strategic changes, new product releases, new customers, and more
- You understand detailed technical workflows and can troubleshoot issues
- A plus if you have experience in any of the following:
- Work in a high growth setting, tech company
- Work with and managing a global workforce
- Experience building KPIs and success metrics
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.