Hinge is looking for a Facilities Manager to join the team. As the newest addition to the Ops team, you will manage the operational efficiency of the most beautiful office in NYC. Reporting to the Head of People, you will ensure the cleanliness, functionality, and security of our office. You will manage the maintenance and improvement of our infrastructure and equipment, serve as the point of contact for all outside vendors and contractors, and promote our office expansion as we scale.
- Ensure all office equipment is up-to-date and functional, including: TVs, VTCs, remotes, workstations, music / speakers, beverage stations, kitchen appliances, projection system, printer, automated lighting, door locks, doorbell, Internet, HVAC / temp control, security cameras, plumbing, etc.
- Manage deliveries, installations, repairs, orders, and replacements, be accountable for the aesthetic presentation of the office space.
- Serve as the point of contact for vendors including cleaning services, electricians/plumbers, IT assistance, and all contractors needed to run the office, and negotiate third-party contracts with vendors.
- Partner with our Landlord and Super to explore better use of the space and organize repairs.
- Make sure bathrooms, kitchens, conference rooms, and public areas are clean and uncluttered, and complete set-up / take-down for meetings and events.
- Manage a budget for equipment, expansion, and capitalized expenses and assume ownership of the facilities-related account payable process.
- Ensure compliance with all city and state building codes, OSHA, etc.
- Improve office operations, including making proposals around technology, equipment, vendors, security, signage, accessibility, and scaling.
- 2+ years of facilities management experience.
- You are proficient in A/V, IT, and minor repairs including office/kitchen equipment and furniture.
- You are an excellent strategic planner and project manager, and can thoughtfully troubleshoot any project.
- You work with remarkable speed and efficiency with achieving positive results.
- You know when to outsource and delegate, and when to dive in yourself.
- You are physically able to perform the responsibilities of the position, which may include heavy lifting up to 50 pounds.
- You are willing to be on-call in case of facilities-related emergencies.
- Experience with plumbing, electric, HVAC, construction, or other specialized skills that would accelerate office space maintenance and repairs.
- Open to a management position in the future.
- Experience working for a tech company in hypergrowth.
Goals in the first three months
- Audit our office maintenance systems, especially regarding cleanliness and storage.
- Understand our scaling plan and the needs of our teams as we expand, and begin work with our office design firm.
- Make relationships with our vendors and landlords.
- Implement several infrastructure and equipment improvements.
- Build trust amongst the staff, our operations team, and our CEO and communicate your vision for improvements.
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.