Executive Assistant & People Operations Coordinator
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Are you a people person? Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you care about making others’ days better? We’re looking for an outstanding Executive Assistant & People Operations Coordinator to support our two co-founders and the VP of People, reporting into the Director of People Operations.
The People team is the anchor of Policygenius’ values and culture--and the EA & People Ops Coordinator will play an integral role in building and maintaining that foundation! This position will keep all of the Pg trains running on time with grace and ease. We’re looking for someone who can navigate multiple competing, urgent priorities with seemingly effortless empathy and a “no job too big or small” attitude.
- Provide professional and confidential executive support to the Co-founders and VP of People
- Own heavy calendar management, resolve any conflicts in scheduling of appointments, and orchestrate meetings with employees and external contacts
- Problem-solve and make judgment calls on priorities based on other calendars, projects, customer meetings, stakeholders, interviews, etc.
- Become familiar with organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
- Support the Co-founders with management of logistics for important events (e.g., board meetings, investor presentations, VIP partner visits, leadership team offsites)
- Manage and reconcile monthly expense reports on behalf of the Co-founders and VP of People
- Arrange business travel, including air & ground transportation, lodging, dining reservations
- Act as a gatekeeper and first point of contact for the co-founders and VP of People by screening emails/calls, inquiries, and requests--and managing or referring them as appropriate
- Assist with the set-up and administration of major People Ops cycles including performance and compensation review trainings, HR-specific survey administration, HR data-gathering, etc.
- Support the People Team on special projects and assist with administrative HR-related tasks.as needed
- 2+ years Executive/Admin Assistant experience in a fast-paced environment; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Relentless attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Unwavering trust, constant reliability, and a strong understanding of confidentiality, on both a business and personal level
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to clearly and efficiently communicate with internal colleagues, as well as external partners, investors and customers
- An upbeat, positive attitude and a welcoming, calm demeanor
- Ability to adapt well to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving startup environment
- Experience managing several busy calendars and knowledge of Google GSuite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Mail)
- Drive to work independently with little direction, as well as collaboratively with many different colleagues
- Passion for Policygenius’ mission and product and excitement about growing with a fintech startup company
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)