Director of Regional Operations
Today, the biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs over $100 million. And the problem is only getting worse.
At TrialSpark, we don’t believe it has to be this way. Through technology and a new operational model, we’re reimagining how clinical trials are run, with the mission of bringing new treatments to patients faster.
We do this by partnering with physicians to enable them to run clinical trials within their existing practices. By providing the technology platform, equipment and staffing, TrialSpark alleviates the operational burden of clinical research, enabling physicians to focus on what they do best -- patient care. And by bringing clinical research to community physician practices, TrialSpark is enabling access for the 98% of patients who are never exposed to clinical trial opportunities.
About the Role
As the Director of Regional Operations for NYC, you will manage and drive the performance and growth of TrialSpark’s operations in the New York metropolitan area. You will be responsible for building and managing the team, overseeing the clinical trial site network and ensuring high quality clinical study performance in the region. In addition to managing New York regional operations, you will collaborate with other TrialSpark regional leaders to develop a scalable operational model that can be replicated and rolled out in other geographies.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Hiring, on-boarding and managing the regional team
- Identify, recruit and hire regional team members with the experience and qualities to succeed in various functional roles, including clinical research coordinators who conduct clinical trials and account managers who manage relationships with physicians in the TrialSpark network
- Ensure the regional team has the training, resources and guidance to perform at the highest standard
- Facilitate cross-collaboration with other TrialSpark functions to drive broader company-wide objectives
- Overseeing the NYC regional clinical trial site network
- Ensure trial sites are on-boarded to the TrialSpark network and have access to the most relevant clinical trial participation opportunities
- Ensure trial sites are prepared for running clinical studies and have the support to enable ongoing participation and completion
- Overseeing clinical study performance across the NYC regional trial sites
- Ensure sites are completing and documenting all activities in accordance with study protocol, Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and FDA regulations
- Track and manage to key performance indicators (KPIs), constantly looking for and executing on opportunities to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness in the region
This is a core operational leadership role within TrialSpark that provides an opportunity to manage and grow a large cross-functional team and to collaborate with leaders across TrialSpark functions and regions to drive the business forward. It is a generalist leadership position that requires strategic problem-solving and process-building, with people leadership at its core.
What we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience in building and managing large cross-functional teams, preferably in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You have a strong track record of leadership in operational roles, preferably at a healthcare services company
- You have a solid grounding in strategic and analytical problem-solving, preferably having spent time in a heavily analytical role earlier in your career (e.g., consulting, finance, etc.)
- You have a passion for building high-performing teams and delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You have a high learning rate and constantly look for ways to improve how your team operates
- You are performance-oriented and understand how to use objective measurements to make decisions
- You are proactive and act like an owner. You look to get in front of problems and when something does go wrong your first instinct is to ask “how can I help fix it?”
- You are a first-principles thinker and take a data-driven approach to solving problems
- You operate well in ambiguity. You’re comfortable in an environment where responsibilities and priorities can change quickly based on the needs of the business
- You are scrappy and ready to roll up your sleeves to get something done
- You are kind, thoughtful, and have a low ego. You care about your team and colleagues and it shows
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.