Director of Procurement
Compass, headquartered in NYC, is building the most advanced real estate technology in the world. Founded in 2012, Compass operates in 12 markets across the country with over 5,000 real estate agents nationwide. With support from top investors such as Softbank, Fidelity, Wellington, and IVP, Compass is experiencing massive growth and helping everyone find their place in the world. The Director of Procurement will support and help supervise the operations of the shared services department, as well as help design and implement more sophisticated operations to support the business.
- Develop and implement a plan to roll out a procurement process throughout the company that includes adoption of a purchase order process for a significant majority of the company’s non-personnel spend
- Build and manage a team of procurement staff to administer all purchase order processing.
- Develop a contract management platform to enable the storage of vender contracts
- Designing, develop and maintain KPIs and reports to manage the operations and efficiency of the process
- Ensure that approved policies are effectively carried out and all procedures are working efficiently on a day-to-day basis
- Manage and oversee a team of Accounts Payable professionals to control the disbursement of all vender payments.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders for rush payments to ensure timely processing
- Manage the corporate credit card process, such as the administration of the process along with reconciliations and integration with our systems.
- Collaborate across departments to manage vendor relationships, account classification and financial reporting
- Manage the Concur expense reporting and reimbursement system
- Assist in the administration and processing of use tax for applicability of Company purchases
- Review and resolve all invoice discrepancies
- Provide support during annual and other audits, as required
- Minimum 10 years experience within procure to pay management roles including procurement and accounts payable functions
- Experience in Netsuite, Coupa and Concur a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience managing remote teams
- Strong critical thinking and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and glass-half-full mentality
- Experience working with different subsidiaries
- Self-starter, positive attitude, zero ego, and ability to problem-solve under minimal supervision
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks within an open and interactive environment
- Proactive, always seeking additional responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and procedures