At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The Operations team is the backbone of RTR, and our job is to determine the fastest and most efficient method to get our garments to and from customers. We own all logistics processes, including variable cost and efficiency, reverse logistics, fulfillment, and manufacturing.
About the Job:
As a Director of Operations, you will own all processes designed to scale and optimize our inbound and outbound logistics. You’ll be a mentor and a leader, working to guide and develop your direct teams, and teams across different departments to ensure the highest levels of safety, production, cost and quality while also maintaining a superb employee experience.
What You'll Do:
- Lead department, owning departmental decision making, and establishing and maintaining key performance metrics for safety, production, cost.
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor continuous improvement processes for the organization
- Drive strategic labor planning and forecasting for area of responsibility ensuring alignment to variable cost plans
- Build high performing teams and create programs/plans to improve all metrics across departments
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in our fulfillment center to provide feedback, drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Develop and administer operational procedures, executing activities for shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Manage and maintain an operating budget and hit cost reduction goals
- Utilize the site Warehouse Management System (WMS) to optimize perfect order fulfillment and provide operational insights to improve WMS effectiveness
- Develop a culture of safety by leading, maintaining and enforcing safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- You have a B.A. degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field; MBA is a plus, but not required.
- You have experience leading departments in retail management, warehouse, fulfillment center or quality assurance capacity.
- You’ve built and lead large, high performing, senior level teams and have a track record of advancement within your organization.
- You’ve utilized Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- You’re not afraid of a challenge, and can quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for problems and workflows for teams and leadership
- You’re an Excel guru, with keen analytical skills and the ability to articulate point of view, develop systems/plans, and improve processes across the organization
- You’ve used warehouse tools like scanners, ladders, and warehouse software.
- You’ve managing budgets and have the ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- You can lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs and work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as needed
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!