Director of New Initiatives
The Director of New Initiatives will work with senior leadership to conceive, evaluate and develop strategic partnership opportunities that create value for Cedar. Our target market includes hospitals, physician groups, laboratory companies, and other healthcare providers. You will primarily be working to build partnerships with payers, integrated delivery network (IDNs), large employers, and other channel partners.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, commercially-oriented, comfortable navigating senior-level relationships within large organizations, and can manage complex projects in collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with prospective partners
- Manage opportunity funnel and pipeline
- Create compelling business cases for new partnerships, including internal/external presentations and proposals
- Help prepare for, join, and lead external pitches and partnership discussions
- Structure and negotiate transactions with partners, working with senior leadership, and legal/financial teams
- Work collaboratively with Cedar’s product and engineering teams to evaluate product build requirements
- Help build operational infrastructure necessary to support long-term partnership success
- Represent Cedar in external settings such as conferences, seminars, and networking events
- Pitch in on corporate priorities, such as recruiting, team-building initiatives, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in business development, corporate development, or consulting/investment banking
- Prior healthcare experience required
- Experience analyzing data, creating business cases and evaluating ROI
- Track record of managing external relationships and partnerships
- Tactical ability to get things done quickly and efficiently
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to different types of audiences
- Experience project-managing across functions
- Collaborative team player excited to work on big problems
- Willingness to travel
- Sense of humor and kindness
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team working to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
If creating a better healthcare financial experience excites you, we encourage you to apply.