The Director of Development oversees all aspects of the development process. Working in close collaboration with senior management, the Director’s role is to ensure that project milestones, budgets and quality standards are met.
What You’ll Do
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously without losing sight of project goals
- Ensure that project milestones, budgets and quality standards are met
- Negotiate with and direct the work of architects, engineering consultants and other design vendors, as well as the leasing, marketing and operations teams
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation of government agencies program applications, such as DOB, City Planning, Landmarkets, etc.
- Develop, standardize, and refine project contract documents, and all other pertinent documentation
- Provide continuous assessment of vendor and consultant performance, this position monitors all releases of funds to consultants, contractors and vendors
Who You Are
You have the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously without losing sight of project goals. You are a strategic, creative thinker with a track record of using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. You also have the following:
- 7-10+ years of development and/or construction experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to present recommendations and interact with the senior management and investment partners
- Ability to respond rapidly to changes in the market
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, independent work ethic, and administrative skills
- Strong financial, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in an entrepreneurial environment
- Great attention to detail, work ethic and administrative skills
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across nearly 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in late 2015, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.