Director, Advanced Sourcing
The Director of Advanced Sourcing will assist the company to research future architectures and technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. Responsible for developing new supplier and new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency or quality. Work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, and project agreements are accurate and well established prior to pipelining. As Director of Advanced Sourcing, she/he will primarily work with a team of manufacturing, operations, engineering, and quality as well as technical leads where necessary in order to resolve critical issues.
- Develop new suppliers for potential incorporation into new and existing products
- Develop commercial agreements to properly reflect the expectations of project including fixed and variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, as well as test, quality, and ongoing reliability needs.
- Design and create infrastructure, virtual and experimental to prove and ensure efficiency and performance of the supply alternatives.
- Oversee the Advanced Sourcing efforts and analyze workflow, establish priorities, develop standards and set deadlines.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals.
- Manage and lead the operations effort of developing new and adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton.
- Design and implement components using FEA/CFM or other advanced simulations tools to accelerate experimentation
- Utilize virtualization technologies, cloud computing, fabric and storage technologies and application management.
- Meet with other Directors to collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation and resolve problems, and advance new supplier or product offerings.
- Provide leadership for the Residential/Commercial/Industrial businesses, Direct all budget and capital activities advanced supplier development.
- Provide strong technical direction by evaluating and guiding Product Strategy through operational design and development.
- Ensure the best direction for the team to deliver world-class innovation from initial concept to launch with best practices and advanced development techniques.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management.
- Conduct analysis to ensure product safety, quality, reliability and agency compliance standards are maintained.
- Proven Leadership – Strong supply management experience ready to take it to the next level in your career.
- Solid Collaboration skills working with multiple disciplines internal and external
- Strategic thinker – Experienced putting together strategy for future developments; skill assessment and resource planning; knows how to prepare presentations to business leaders for approval
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years engineering and operations experience
- Entrepreneurial with vision for future products
- Experience related to the following areas:
- Motor and Controls
- Extrusion, Die Casting, Plastics, Sheet Metal Operations
- Design for Manufacturing
- Use of TAM simulations in designs
- Supplier interactions and visits
- Attention to detail and possession of excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.