Customer Support Associate (Part Time, Remote)
At Squarespace, Customer Operations empowers users to give voice to their ideas and make it easy for them when they need help. Our team runs 24/7 with over 300 people between New York, Dublin and Portland.
The Customer Support Associates are on the front lines working with our customers every single day to ensure that issues with billing or their account are resolved in a timely manner. You will leverage your system knowledge and commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience to not only solve problems for our users, but be a positive advocate of our brand.
This role will be remote (work from home), with the exception of on site training and periodic on site coaching and mentoring sessions. This role will be part time, with schedules that range from 8-24 hours a week.
This role reports into a Customer Operations Team Lead and is based remotely in the New York City area. You will need to live in New Jersey, Connecticut or New York state to be eligible for this role.
- Respond to customer-submitted email requests and live chats in a timely manner
- Queue-based, typing, work will account for approximately 90% of the role
- Troubleshoot and guide customers through questions and issues with their Account, Billing, or other transactional inquiries
- Achieve set targets across Quality and Productivity in email and live-chat
- Stay up to date on new product features and improvements
- Identify and communicate system issues to our Product Solutions team
- Identify non-standard customer experiences and escalate issues, as appropriate
- Available to work shifts ranging from early morning to late night, including weekends and holidays, 8-24 hours, weekly
- Consistent and dependable WiFi
- A personal workspace that allows you to be free from distraction and fully customer focused
- Strong written communication skills with accurate grammar and spelling; fast typist
- Strong reading comprehension skills with the ability to identify the root cause of a problem
- Customer support experience via Live Chat is a plus
- Customer-facing experience a plus (retail, hospitality, online support, etc.)
Given the part-time nature of this role, this role is not eligible for health benefits or PTO but is eligible for paid sick leave and invited to participate in our 401(k) program. You will be provided with a company laptop.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.