Clinical Innovation Lead
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses, which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Starting in radiology, we are using our proprietary quality analytics framework to help people recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the nation to potentially impact millions of patient lives.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Clinical Innovation lead to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in communities all across the country. As the Clinical Innovation lead at Covera Health, you will be responsible for advancing our data-driven understanding of clinical quality – initially focused on diagnostic accuracy in radiology. As part of this effort, you’ll work extensively with our clinical and data science teams, as well as our clinical research partners. You will become the architect of and champion for innovative approaches to clinical research, further refining our understanding of quality and promoting these standards across all stakeholders – patients, payers and providers.
In your role, you will work hand-in-hand with our CEO, Chief Medical Officer, and Chief Data Science Officer. In conjunction with our internal and external teams, you will design, test, and improve our current understanding of quality.
These quality-focused initiatives include, but are not limited to, architecting and deploying actionable quality (and error rate) report-carding, as well as building out clinical collaborations across the country. In addition, you will interface with medical directors and benefit managers across various types of organizations to educate them on the variability in quality that exists within imaging (as well as its impact on downstream care and outcomes), and also build support for our solution in measuring and defining quality.
You will be expected to:
• Critically think through, construct, challenge, and innovate on how we fundamentally use data to understand “quality”.
• Forge research partnerships with provider groups, clinical institutions, and potentially, government entities to further develop and validate our data-driven approach.
• Work with our Provider Partnerships team to promote this “quality” standard among provider groups throughout the country.
• Create material to capture and communicate information about imaging quality guidelines and standards.
• Working with our Chief Medical Officer, serve as the liaison to radiology provider organizations and deliver our radiology analyses, guiding individual provider improvement plans.
• Assist radiology provider organizations meaningfully, professionally, and warmly in their efforts to modify their protocols and practices.
• Direct internal and external teams with a focus on innovation
• Within functional and cross-functional teams, contribute business insight, analytical skills, and agility to adjust to changing business priorities and needs
• Ensure that activities are performed according to all applicable guidelines, standard methodologies, and in compliance with all laws and regulations
• Drive continuous improvement and innovation across key provider performance metrics
• Drive shared learning and process expertise between teams within the organization
- M.D. or D.O., preferably with experience in radiology and/or musculoskeletal medicine
- Innate ability to think about healthcare data, its sources, and its applications creatively
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Passion for improving patient care
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!