Client Onboarding Associate
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
As the Client Onboarding Associate, you will report to our Client Onboarding Manager and be involved in all facets of Stash's customer onboarding program. This hire will work closely with stakeholders across the company (Product, Engineering, Customer Experience, Compliance, etc.) to ensure effective onboarding of clients pursuant to regulatory requirements and Stash's policies and procedures. In order to be successful, this hire will need to have a strong understanding of the regulatory environment, including customer identification and anti-money laundering rules, in order to be able to to identify risks and escalate concerns all while still ensuring to protect the company and our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with “Know Your Customer" regulations
- Develop expertise in the Firm’s Anti Money Laundering and Customer Identification Program
- Approve the opening of new accounts through the deployment of rules based models as well as manual reviews
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and work with third-party vendors to manage and maintain requirements and algorithmic models
- Design procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
- Devise and implement process improvement efficiencies
- Timely and effective escalation of potential issues and devising possible resolutions
- Develop reporting and monitoring framework to identify issues and implement efficiencies
- Perform risk-based reviews of client accounts and client account activity
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years in similar client onboarding and/or KYC onboarding role. Retail onboarding experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects
- Proven analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Interest in fintech, startups, or high growth organization
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Series 7 or Series 99 license
- Experience with SQL
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.