Client Engagement Associate, Public Sector
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and over 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You're a highly-motivated self-starter, problem solver, and team player with a passion for providing exceptional client service to our public sector clients. You solve problems and identify opportunities as an advocate both for the client and the product. Your goal is to go into any client situation and inspire organizational change that leads to better adoption, retention, and usage of our platform.
As part of our Client Engagement team, you will serve as a platform expert for a high-profile, high-touch set of public sector clients. You will interface directly with users and clients on a daily basis to drive product adoption, client satisfaction, and renewals.
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform and maintain a deep understanding of publicly available information and social media use cases for first responders
- Learn client mission sets and operational processes to design and implement programs that seamlessly integrate Dataminr into client workflow
- Partner with internal teams to develop, implement, and deliver onboarding, training and usage plans tailored for each client
- Train and support users on-site or virtually through video teleconference
- Serve as an advocate for our clients by creating and presenting client health and usage data to cross-functional account management and technical teams
- Collect client feedback and clearly articulate recommendations for product development to Dataminr’s engineering and product teams
- Identify new potential client use cases and opportunities in support of business development efforts
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2-3 years of enterprise software or SaaS account management and/or deployment experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Specific experience supporting public sector agencies, preferably U.S. state or major city first responders
- Knowledge of and/or experience with publicly available information and social media efforts of first responder public sector organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- High level of accountability and the ability to execute on multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically as needed (approx. 25%)
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.