Chief of Staff
At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is “Let’s make it better”.
We’re an award-winning, mobile-focused product creation agency. We design and launch highly visible, innovative, real-world solutions for premier brands, and believe in working with partners - not clients - to help enhance their customers’ experiences. We are honored to be consistently recognized as industry leaders.
We want to have a profound impact on everyday lives, and shape the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, and by working in collaborative teams who value empathy and who are committed to relentlessly improving.
The Chief of Staff is primarily responsible for proactively ensuring smooth and effective operations for the CEO day to day. They will accomplish this by creating and implementing systematic processes that will ensure the CEO’s time is managed effectively, that the CEO is prepared for all internal and external meetings, and is able to project manage a diverse set of initiatives. The Chief of Staff works closely with members of the senior team, serving as a liaison for internal and external operational projects. This person is curious, very passionate about learning, and is excited to execute and deliver on projects.
Your Responsibilities & Impact
Scheduling, Travel & Logistics
- Create process to successfully oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of the CEO, specifically in regard to calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting preparation and follow up communications.
- Help in effective management of CEO’s time toward achieving operational goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all internal and external scheduling requests.
- Assume responsibility for the overall execution, planning, and logistics related to the CEO’s travel schedule including: planning calls with all relevant people; developing written, detailed schedules; confirmation of travel plans and appointments; management of all related transportation and lodging, and accompanying the CEO as necessary. (5-10% travel-time required)
Meeting Preparation & Support
- Ensure the CEO is prepared for all internal and external meetings through the creation of briefing memos, remarks, and additional collateral including feedback across departments. Serve as liaison between the CEO and all departments, managing projects when appropriate: attend meetings, develop agendas, record minutes, maintain records, monitor action items and follow-up.
- Take meetings in lieu of the CEO when deemed appropriate.
- Create and implement process to manage the CEO’s incoming email—prioritizing for attention and drafting responses as appropriate.
- Manage information flow, ensuring follow up with and engagement of appropriate staff on CEO behalf
- Assist the CEO in the development of research, reports, presentations and publications as needed.
- Board meeting preparation: edit and coordinate reports, assist with logistics, and other duties as needed.
- Submitting CEOs expenses monthly
- Identifying new ways to help CEO grow the business. Examples:
- Market Verticals
- Service Offerings
- Competitive Analysis
- Putting together proposals for potential partners
- Continuous research to find networking and appropriate events/conferences.
Your Skills & Experience
- Experienced in project management and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with frequently shifting priorities.
- 10+ years of professional experience, with increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years of working in a business development or consulting environment
- Has high quality design and branding standards
- Proven organizational skills, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Professional and friendly demeanor and strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work proactively and independently, multitask, and work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to see and understand the big picture and translate into a strategic schedule.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Expected less than 10% of time.
- Proficient with Google for Work (Calendar, Sheets, Docs), Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Some experience with expenses submission platform such as Expensify or Concur, and Trello or other leading project management tool/platform for organization.
Our Benefits & Rewards
We know that our employees will do their best and most impactful work if they are happy, healthy, and supported. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees are taken care of.
We do this by providing and promoting:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as 401(k) company matching and commuter benefits
- A healthy work life balance. Our Flexible Vacation Policy allows you to take what you need, as long as it works for your team. Plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, summer and winter breaks when the office is closed
- Voluntary life, accident and disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid new parents leave
- Creature comforts like snacks, games - and actual creatures thanks to dog-friendly offices
- Employee-led resource groups with a focus on diversity and inclusivity, enhancing and sustaining the wellbeing of women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals
- A committee dedicated to promoting health and wellness in the workplace through initiatives like fitness challenges, guided meditation, and kombucha brewing
- Opportunities to give back through company donations to charitable organizations
Prolific Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to a safe, welcoming, and truly inclusive environment for people of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, nationalities, ages, and religious beliefs.
Prolific Interactive was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City, San Francisco, and Durham. We’ve delivered mobile experiences for leading brands like Saks Fifth Avenue, The Wing, WeWork, American Express, Gap, Sephora, SoulCycle, TB12, and American Express through a strategy-driven, user-centric approach to creating products