CEO - Stealth Digital Senior Lifestyle Marketplace Startup
Greater NYC Area
ABOUT THE STARTUP:
We are launching a stealth startup, which will build a marketplace for the assisted living industry to match tailored products and services for elderly care. With funding already in place, this startup will capture part of a 1 billion dollar US market through data-driven matching, better support & engagement, and an innovative payment model.
We are looking for a CEO who has experience raising funds, building teams, scaling early stage growth companies, and has a proven network in the assisted living space.
As the CEO you will:
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale; including long-term goals. Drive growth, profitability and company value
- Refine and deploy the business model ahead of the market
- Provide expert guidance based on experience in the assisted living industry to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales & product
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient strategies to ensure both consistent results and exponential growth
BUILD GREAT TALENT & TEAMS
- Attract, retain & develop world-class talent, building on existing contact base
- Cultivate a high-performing, agile, one-team culture
- Empower the team towards autonomous delivery, while exercising appropriate balance of control
EXECUTE WITH EXCELLENCE
- Lead day-to-day operations
- Align people and budget resources against strategic business priorities
- Proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks
WIN IN THE MARKETPLACE
- Lead series A round fundraising to support mid and long term growth
- Engage major pipeline customers in assisted living to drive early sales
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy & strategic priorities
- Own P&L and cash flow. Manage burn rate while growing the business ahead of market disruption
- Serve as chief external spokesperson and public champion for the business
- Regularly report updates to Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders regarding progress on strategic priorities, and collaborate with Board of Directors to accelerate progress
- Invest in strategic partnerships & relationships to drive growth
DESIRED EXPERTISE & EXPERIENCE
- P&L responsibilities at CEO level, leading build of a business, or head of significant BU
- Preference for past success in the assisted living or elderly care space
- A with a verifiable network for talent/customers/fundraising; healthcare expertise also relevant
- Preference for experience with fundraising startups
- Familiarity with digital marketplaces and experience in digital marketing
- Track record of building successful products and high caliber teams from the ground up, ideally in current role
- Experience managing Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders to keep regular updates on business performance and progress
- Founder experience in healthcare startups is a plus
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of time
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, product experts and investors. We invent, build and launch startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for the most important global companies enabling them to own the next horizon of innovation.
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Read Full Job Description