Associate Referral Agent
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The vision of our Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses by creating meaningful and value-added engagement at every touchpoint, developing the foundation for an ongoing business relationship.
The Associate Referral Agent role presents an exciting opportunity to start your career at OnDeck. This unique position is suited for a bright junior agent excited by the prospect of joining a fast-growing team within OnDeck. By helping businesses that OnDeck could not fund internally to find financing with one of our lending partners, you will learn about our products, become an industry expert, and help identify market trends that will directly impact the direction of our business.
Working in a small and entrepreneurial team, you will be a direct point of contact for our applicants and our internal sales teams, and establish relationships with our cross-functional teams and external partners. This is a great position to start your career or shift your current career towards one that is sales and business development.
As an Associate Referral Agent at OnDeck, you will:
- Communicate with (by phone and email) OnDeck business financing applicants
- Submit and/or transfer business owners to our trusted lending partners that make sense for them
- Act resourcefully and in an innovative way to solve problems and complete tasks
- Analyze business profiles (including bank statements) for partner matching possibilities
- Synthesizing new insights and reporting to management on customer relationships, pipeline, and new business opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with OnDeck sales, marketing, and business development teams to continually innovate on our processes
- Collaborate with external lending partners to optimize processes and enhance our relationships
Qualifications for success:
- Loves small businesses
- 1-2 years of telephone sales or customer service experience
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Demonstrates consistency in output, results, and process
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Understands internal and external stakeholders
- High-energy, relationship-focused
- A desire to grow professionally and a drive to succeed
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
OnDeck believes that every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefits program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**