Application Support Engineer
We’re Ushering in a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra seeks to expand our Support Engineering team with the addition of an Application Support Engineer to our NYC headquarters. Collibra’s Application Support Engineers provide support that increases Collibra’s credibility as an organization with world-class personnel and processes that can be relied upon as customers increase their product usage.
A day in the life of an Application Support Engineer:
You’ll be reporting directly to our Support Manager, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Manage all communication with customers and partners required to resolve support tickets.
- Assess if support tickets are feature requests or product bugs.
- Resolve support tickets within the limits of contractual service level agreements (SLA).
- Replicate bugs.
- Coordinate and track the escalation of tickets.
- Maintain a record of all communication and actions in ZenDesk.
- Contribute frequently answered questions to the Collibra knowledge base.
- Participate in responding to Collibra community questions and discussions.
- You have 3-5 years in a customer facing role, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies or Computer Science
- Experience troubleshooting web-based applications
- Must have: Database knowledge, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Java and REST API is a plus
- Working knowledge of SSL, SSO, and LDAP is a plus
- Experience with providing white glove service during incident management
- Analytical and methodical problem solver
- Manage competing priorities
- Experience working closely with software developers
- Previous software support experience
- Ability to shift hours to cover international customers
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible house = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package
Collibra is not currently accepting unsolicited assistance or resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to Collibra or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of Collibra. No fee shall be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Collibra as a result of the referral or through other means.