VP, Product Marketing
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this role:
We are on a journey to build out a best-in-class Product Marketing team that will collaborate with multiple teams across the company to drive Foursquare's overall market positioning and ensure the success of our products in the fast-growing global market of location intelligence and technology. As Foursquare’s Product Marketing leader, you will be responsible for building the processes that will drive strong results, empowering a team to define the narrative of our products, and pushing the organization to do Product Marketing at its highest level.
We need to stay just ahead of market trends, create a constant feedback loop with our customer’s needs, and establish market positioning that is differentiated, defensible and monetized. We need to do this while deeply partnering with our Product Managers and working closely with Foursquare’s Design and Marketing teams to bring our positioning to life in every customer touchpoint.
Who we are looking for:
You are deeply curious and passionate about products and technology. You are a seasoned leader with a knack for identifying market opportunities, creating compelling strategies and narratives, and coordinating cross-organizational initiatives to make technology products successful in competitive B2B markets.
To be successful, candidates need to understand urgency, be effortlessly strategic, and come with the ability to develop and launch scalable processes. We are looking for the following qualities:
- Leadership skills. Know how to build, lead, and empower a team. Must be able to easily confer with Executive team members, collaborate with peers, and inspire diverse groups
- A problem-solver. Be an efficient problem solver able to identify and tackle the root problem of an issue. Bring people together to solve challenges in an efficient manner and have the confidence to move forward with your own solution when the shot is yours to call
- Be a relator and communicator. Understand the needs of a diverse set of collaborators and help build a cohesive, shared vision amongst them
- Results-oriented with urgency. Prioritize, plan, coordinate, track, and evaluate the team’s work with an eye towards continuous improvement
- Strong researcher. Systematically collect qualitative and quantitative inputs, draw on sharp analytical skills, and intuition to find patterns and opportunities that can be turned into actionable insights
- Come with experience. Know how to prioritize projects, spot problems before they happen and have exposure to fast-growth B2B SaaS businesses, customer marketing, and marketing research. Any knowledge of the location space is a huge plus
This person will report into the VP of Marketing.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging. Set coordinating nomenclature for our product suite
- Develop marketing plans for the entire product portfolio in conjunction with the performance, engagement, and general marketing team
- You’ll own industry, market, and competitive intelligence via direct and indirect interactions with customers, prospects, partners, competitors, and analysts
- Launch our rebooted content marketing machine. Deploy your team of Product Marketers to create the content that helps Foursquare’s Performance team drive prospects down the funnel
- Partner with the Director of Performance to fulfill the content supply chain in support of high-velocity demand generation campaigns
- Own the creation of buyer and user personas and get in the weeds on use case development
- Build a strong relationship, communication, and partnership with Product Managers to understand and provide input into product and marketing strategy and to design, plan and coordinate product launches
- Own our commercialization process taking products to market in a timely, organized fashion
- Product messaging and coordination of marketing and sales collateral and enablement assets - evaluating, developing, iterating, and documenting our sales and customer "playbooks"
- Drive packaging and pricing in collaboration with strategy, sales and other key stakeholders across the business
- Understand and partner with sales enablement; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Set goals, direction and manage day-to-day priorities, workflow, and quality for the entire Product Marketing team
- 12-15+ years product marketing or similar experience with a strong background in SaaS, AdTech and Enterprise Product Marketing space
- Be a proactive leader with discipline for setting priorities, driving decisions, and getting closure on recommendations and issues
- Metrics-driven and customer-oriented mindset
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Possess strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and messaging
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to be a part of building our company and the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.