Vice President, U.S. Marketing
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit http://www.ww.com/us/corporate-careers
The WW U.S. Marketing Team is looking for a Marketing Vice President to lead brand strategy overall with focus on media planning, 360° marketing campaign planning, brand activations / experiences, and brand partnerships. This is a critical and highly visible role as we evolve the company's brand and activation strategy – being a thought leader and bringing creativity in all that we do is important. Through collaborative partnership with multiple agencies, internal cross functional teams (including the newly formed Global Marketing team and Canadian team), and other members of the U.S. Marketing team, this role is responsible for driving brand engagement, consideration, and ultimately recruitment. It will also be important for this role to work closely with the other members of the U.S. Marketing Leadership Team to develop and manage the holistic marketing strategy, calendar, and budget process so we have a unified view across all elements for the U.S. Marketing Team. People management and development is essential, and this role will now have the Digital Marketing team reporting in as a dotted line relationship in order to develop more cohesive campaigns / media plans and optimize investments across channels.
- Act as the advocate and thought leader of marketing within WW and deliver U.S. financial commitments
- Develop holistic brand strategy, including core business objectives, strategic growth areas, key tactics, and KPIs that are aligned with the global brand strategies. Also responsible for identifying key consumer targets and ensuring our plans are optimized accordingly.
- Partner with the Global Marketing team to ensure U.S. insights, best practices, needs, and opportunities are known to optimize Global programs, assets, toolkits, and processes. Also coordinate across Canada to represent the total N.A. business.
- Lead holistic media planning process across all channels, including digital. Manage brief development, agency presentations, senior management approvals, implementation, and analytics. (NOTE: Include PR team as well to ensure PR is better integrated into the plans/activations) Also, oversee content creation for assets needed to supplement Global campaign toolkits. Manage campaign performance measurement on KPIs and data-driven optimizations when in market.
- Own brand activations / experiences across the full Marketing team. Identify key partners that have a proven track record of creativity, execution expertise, and analytics.
- Identify and vet new brand partnership opportunities that help us live into our Impact Manifesto and help us reach new consumer targets
- Manage agency partners and identify new agencies depending on new programs / initiatives. Serve as lead in reviewing and providing feedback on SOW / contracts.
- Partner with Insights Team to best understand brand and consumer learnings, monitor on-going tracking studies, and possibly identify new research needed in order to support our brand strategy
- Partner with Customer Experience and Franchise teams to ensure marketing programs / initiatives are shared with the Field and incorporated in meeting rooms. Furthermore, lead the development of local toolkits in order to help the field activate the brand strategically locally.
- Identify test-n-learn programs so we're always exploring new ways to drive our business and reach various consumer targets
- Oversee management of team's budget and ensure new process / templates are implemented to improve budget planning and accuracy across the entire U.S. Marketing team
- Analytics – ensure ROI analyses are completed and program analytics are completed in order to help guide future brand spending and allocation.
- Ensure competitive learnings are tracked (i.e. brands, positioning, advertising, products, etc.) and utilized them to optimize WW programs
- Lead, coach, and mentor Marketing team – goal setting, performance reviews, and on-going feedback sessions are critical.
- Serve as active member on the Marketing Leadership team, including co-leading new Lunch-N-Learn series
- Work with the SVP to develop annual business plans in partnership with the MLT and Finance team
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience in the Marketing / Media space
- Must be passionate about working in the health and wellness category and prior experience is a plus
- Corporate/Client or Agency experience or combination of both preferred
- Must have proven track record of career growth and broad experience in various aspects of marketing, with significant experience in media planning and agency management
- Strong experience building 360° marketing campaign planning, digital marketing, brand partnerships, and brand activations
- Image, luxury and lifestyle brand experience is preferred
- Strong presentation skills – both oral and developing them using Powerpoint for various audiences / levels. Needs to understand and utilize the power of story-telling.
- Ability to foster trust and respect of colleagues to influence decision-making and ensure programs / recommendations include marketing input / insights
- Agile mindset to continually improve and stay ahead of industry and cultural trends
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have minimum of 5 years of people management experience and demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Must know latest industry developments, trends, and shifts in the media planning and brand activation landscape
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Highly competitive Paid Time Off and generous paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.