Sr. Director of Product Marketing
Vimeo is looking for a Sr. Director of Product Marketing to join Vimeo’s Product team. This Sr. Director will oversee our Product Marketing team of 2, a team responsible for bringing more users to Vimeo and ensuring they understand the value of our SaaS products. The ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary background—including business strategy, marketing and analytical skills —and a deep passion for Vimeo’s mission: enabling storytellers to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities.
As a passionate and results-driven product marketer, you will drive the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for products that empower millions of users (individuals, creative professionals, and small businesses) to bring their ideas to life online. Along with your team and cross-functional collaborators, you will craft the messaging strategy for new product launches, and execute high-impact multichannel campaigns that drive user acquisition, engagement, product adoption, and retention. This position requires an analytical approach and a deep understanding of the market, with the ability to deftly connect our product capabilities to customer needs.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute coordinated go-to-market plans for launches of new products and capabilities, partnering closely with our product management organization and marketing channel owers
- Develop key messaging and growth plans to drive adoption of our existing products
- Lead market and competitive assessment, surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product direction and ensure product-market fit
- Lead consumer research with target segments to understand unmet needs/gaps
- Provide quantitative evaluation of the ideas generated in product explorations either through consumer research or from internal team analysis, discussions, and brainstorming. Ideas will have a hypothesized metric impact backed by as much relevant data as possible
- Internationalization: Provide strategy for per-country portfolio optimization, opportunity sizing, competitive landscape research, informing roadmap development
- Participate in determining in-app and web-based messaging requirements and conversion strategy requiring development effort (e.g. in-app welcome screens, interstitials, upsells, landing pages, etc.)
- Develop GTM creative briefs and kick off creative development, requesting review and delivery timeline from creative team in accordance with expected launch timeframes
- Hold kick-off meetings with channel marketing partners to educate them on product features and planned launch timeframe, and initiate development of support plan proposals by channel
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 6+ years of business strategy, product marketing or product management experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience setting strategic direction and executing operational and go-to-market plans that require input and execution from multiple teams
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with product management, sales, marketing, PR and creative teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to sharpen messaging on blog posts, tech talks, and other outreach
- Data-driven and able to turn insights into actionable growth initiatives across new product launches and existing product adoption
- Accustomed to driving results over process in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.