Sr. Analyst, SEO (Marketing)
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
You are a mobile and web analytics rockstar eager to join our growing SEO Team. You look at words, and see taxonomies. Structure, and logic, are in your DNA. Since you’ll own our Keyword Performance Program, you’re very comfortable generating updates to be consumed across a wide range of stakeholders. While you’re happy to share reports, your ability to succinctly summarize, and create actionable insights, is a super-power. You are able to stitch together data from multiple sources to form a story and, even when an inexact science presents itself, both grasp and communicate the narrative.
You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, designers, data scientists, and engineers as an integral part of the SEO team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop Grubhub’s SEO Keyword Reporting Program to measure rankings across multiple dimensions.
- Support creation of reporting materials, with strategic analysis, for stakeholders.
- Perform competitive analysis across geos.
- Maintain, and share knowledge of, key tools within the SEO group.
- Understand user intent and how it might differ across multiple types of dining options.
- Tie keyword segments to LTV, in partnership with our Finance team.
- Communicate budget needs for tooling.
- Build a holistic query ecosystem, analyzing Grubhub’s share of voice for specific terms across all Google products.
- Effectively forecast and recommend goals for SEO segments, based on known seasonality, rankings, and research.
You Should Have
- 4+ years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise keyword tools like Conductor, Brightedge, SearchMetrics, etc.
- Google Search Console, Excel and Google Analytics power-user abilities.
- A love of SEO as demonstrated by active readership, or involvement, in the SEO community.
- An exceptional grasp of user search query types, and corresponding user intent.
- Experience working with large websites, particularly with extensive filtering options.
- A proactive nature with ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment. A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Strong familiarity with Google Analytics, Coremetrics, Adobe and/or another site analytics reporting tool from a site tagging and data collection perspective.
- A willingness to collaborate and cultivate relationships with third-party vendors
- Comfort with A/B Testing methodologies, segmentation, and reports.
- A love for challenges and problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Comfort drawing insights from analysis and building support for your perspective.
- Ability to simplify complex, large data sets into easily digestible visualizations.
- The ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness.
Got These? Even Better:
- Comfortable working with raw event log data to gain granular insights to user behavior dynamics.
- Familiarity with Tableau or Google Data Studio to provide insight into complex data sets.
- Comfortable manipulating large data sets and presenting complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Database experience dealing with very large data sets, and good comfort writing complex SQL is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisit[email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.