Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities — something that couldn’t be more important right now in our world, and in the tech industry.
We are looking for an experienced SEO Lead for our new Member Engagement team. Your main responsibility will be to own the growth of organic traffic to our pages with a large focus on growth outside the US. We want someone who can seamlessly bridge product, marketing, and technology — someone whose approach is solidly quantitative but who also has a sense for building great experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, execute and communicate the company’s SEO strategy and goals
- Lead the overall process of increasing organic traffic and its conversion globally
- Define and communicate technical SEO requirements for product and tech teams and ensure all their initiatives adhere to SEO best practices
- Improve current and future onsite page optimization
- Lead technical analysis to identify issues that can improve for both the desktop and mobile version of the website
- Closely sync with our SEO agency and WeWork sister-company Conductor
You’re the ideal teammate if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in international SEO, ideally for a direct-to-consumer digital subscription businesses or marketplaces
- 2+ years of experience managing a SEO team
- A solid combination of strong analytical skills, tech SEO knowledge and research skills
- Thorough understanding of client-side languages and mark-ups
- An obsession with measuring the impact of everything you do
- Strategically mindset but are also willing to get your hands dirty
- A penchant for coming up with simple solutions to complex problems
- Expert-level analytics skills and experience using industry-leading SEO tools
- Worked in an international environment before and are fluent in English and at least one other language
- Self-initiative and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
This is an exciting time to join as a SEO Lead at Meetup. After 16 years of leadership by our Founder, we recently welcomed a new CEO to the company and are in the process of re-evaluating our priorities. This will include building a new SEO team from scratch.
You will be part of this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year into being acquired by WeWork, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth. Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?