Senior Risk Analyst, Acquisition Strategy
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
The responsibilities of a Senior Risk Analyst within the Acquisition team are the ideation, design, implementation, and monitoring of credit risk management strategies and capabilities that help us serve the needs of our customers and shareholders. This includes the development of approval and line assignment strategies, marketing optimization, monitoring and continuous improvement of risk strategies.
As a Senior Risk Analyst of Acquisition Strategy at OnDeck, you will:
- Develop / improve marketing segmentation, approval and line assignment strategies and controls across our full suite of products and geographic markets
- Perform analytics on small business data to develop new insights that lead to improved risk management, profitability, and customer experience outcomes
- Develop and interpret reports to monitor risk strategy performance and recommend adjustments
- Design tests to measure potential business enhancements, analyze results, and drive adoption based on strategic impact
- Work collaboratively with Product, Revenue, Finance, and Technology teams to develop and implement new risk management capabilities and refine existing ones
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of risk management experience in the financial services industry, preferably in consumer or commercial lending
- Excellent business judgment and risk assessment as demonstrated by previous work or academic experience
- Excellent SQL and analytic programming skills (R, Python, Excel), willingness to work with large data sets and get into the details of business processes
- Knowledge and experience with statistical concepts and financial analysis (segmentation, break-even analysis, NPV estimation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced business-critical role that is a key contributor to OnDeck’s continued success
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce,OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**