Senior Marketing Data Analyst
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
At Policygenius, marketing covers a broad scope of activities from customer acquisition and retention to the educational content on our site. Our acclaimed marketers rely on data everyday to inform critical business decisions that measure performance and drive our business forward. Sound intriguing? Join our Business Intelligence team as they help our marketing team tackle these exciting challenges!
With an eye towards continuous improvement, you will support and shape marketing strategies that will materially impact the bottom line. Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, this role will dive into the unique challenges of marketing analytics to reveal insights and drive them to action.
- Solve business-critical marketing problems by collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Synthesize and interpret marketing data into a narrative of business performance and actionable insights
- Present ongoing findings and recommendations to all levels of the marketing organization
- Build and monitor reports that track marketing activities and performance
- Work closely with marketers to support the design and execution of marketing experiments and KPI that will inform marketing strategy and optimize ROAS
- Execute ad hoc analyses to assess marketing activities and develop recommendations
- Extract actionable insights on drivers of marketing performance drivers and downstream conversion
- Drive continuous improvement to enhance and expand on reporting infrastructure
- 5-7 years of experience analyzing marketing activities with clear, quantifiable results; expertise in digital marketing (e.g. SEO, social, content marketing) is highly desired
- Exceptional general problem-solving skills and the ability to apply structure to ambiguous business challenges for prioritization and action
- Track record of communicating insights to stakeholders across different functions and levels to drive action and business impact
- Proficiency in concepts, activities and analytical challenges specific to marketing, having worked with marketers, brand managers and/or agencies
- Experience in cross-functional project work to deliver measurable business results
- An exceptionally analytical mindset, driven by curiosity with a focus on data-driven decision making and measuring success
- Comfort and desire to take the wheel and tackle complex and ambiguous problems
- Fluency in SQL with experience in data visualization with Tableau
- Experience with predictive analytics and/or machine learning a plus
- STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree preferred
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)