Senior Manager, Product Marketing
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The vision of our Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses by creating meaningful and value-added engagement at every touchpoint, developing the foundation for an ongoing business relationship.
The Senior Manager, Product Marketing plays a critical role in the development and execution of all product marketing efforts, collaborating closely on with the Marketing, Product Management and Experience Design leadership teams, as well as engaging with our front-line sales teams. As the voice of our customer, this senior position will directly influence product roadmaps, develop messaging plans and deliver creative solutions to maximize effectiveness of sales and marketing strategies. He/she will report to the Vice President, Brand and Product Marketing.
As a Senior Manager, Product Marketing at OnDeck, you will:
- Create compelling go-to market strategies and marketing plans for new product/feature launches, including simple and more detailed descriptions of the value proposition, relevant marketing messaging and channel-specific execution plans. Efforts will be closely informed by and integrated with Product Management, Experience Design and Sales teams.
- Assess the competitive environment and develop content and solutions which articulate OnDeck’s products’ unique positioning within the market. Results will help identify gaps and opportunities and surface those highest-value opportunities to Product Management for further evaluation.
- Evaluate existing product messaging across channels and platforms for effectiveness and make regular recommendations for test-and-learn efforts designed to optimize how we communicate our product offering.
- Provide critical input for business cases for new product features in collaboration with the Product Management team, focused on insights gained from competitive offerings, industry trends and customer feedback.
- Collect and synthesize ongoing customer research, including Net Promoter Score studies, and ensure insights are shared and integrated across functional groups. Recommend incremental research efforts as needed.
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management teams to create customer-friendly call scripting/FAQs and partner on any new opportunities to deliver solutions which help best communicate the product value proposition.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of marketing experience. Preference is for someone who has previous experience working in product marketing within financial services, fintech or digital product management.
- Working knowledge of the small business customer segment and familiarity with range of financing options available to small business owners.
- Good mix of right brain and left brain with a knack for being able to balance creative mindset/skill with a data-driven, analytical approach to measuring results. Familiarity with conversion rate optimization, A/B testing and relevant software platforms.
- Strong writing ability, including experience in preparing product marketing positioning and messaging. Solid presentation skills, with ability to influence stakeholders through well-thought out written proposals and frameworks.
- Independent self-starter capable of driving cross-functional initiatives from concept to launch. Highly productive, skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize and pivot quickly and on-the-fly. Team player
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
*No external recruiters or agents, please.**