Senior Manager, Growth/Influencer Marketing
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Rent The Runway’s Growth Marketing Team is responsible for bringing all the pieces of the customer acquisition funnel together. Our goal is to reach and convert our target audience at scale by activating our community, amplifying our brand story, and empowering new customers to experience the magic of RTR.
About the Job:
In 2019, we want to give the power of marketing back to our community by scaling and amplifying our customer’s stories to create viral growth. Our vision is to create a dynamic network of thousands of RTR-obsessed customers that represent the diversity and depth of our 10M+ members. By building the RTR Ambassador Network, we’ll give our customers the inspiration and tools they need to share their stories, spread the RTR mission and drive massive customer acquisition.
We’re looking for a Sr. Manager, Growth Marketing to build our Ambassador program from the ground up – setting the vision, defining the strategy, and leading 360-operational execution. The ideal candidate is fearlessly creative, analytical, and is known for his/her hustle and ability to execute against all odds.
Build Rent The Runway’s Ambassador Network as a new acquisition channel, creating the strategy and programming to scale content creation, traffic and conversions
- Source thousands of Ambassadors nationally and activate them into the RTR Ambassador Network, identifying and engaging micro-communities across key markets, interests, careers, etc
- Develop a strong understanding of who should be an Ambassador and how this program is differentiated, creating outsized value for both the Ambassador and RTR. Implement a robust Test & Learn strategy to understand incentive models, content creation and distribution models, and business strategy.
Build the operational infrastructure to scale:
- Develop incentive and reward model for Ambassadors to drive referrals: gamify the program and make it fun
- Develop the overarching program infrastructure, including program brand identity and messaging, rules of engagement, toolkits, etc.
- Implement tools/CRM to house and measure all Ambassadors at scale. Partner with cross-functional teams and product to integrate program into Product roadmap
Develop editorial content strategy for Ambassadors to scale content creation and testimonials across their own digital networks:
- Define brand and social guidelines, develop content and marketing calendar, create briefs and lead consistent programming
- Go beyond Instagram: empower Ambassadors to leverage all distribution channels to share their RTR stories and drive referrals (i.e. Email, Text, Messenger, YouTube, LinkedIn, Slack, Reddit, etc)
- Thoughtfully build partnerships and relationships with key women of influence that represent our brand across all dimensions. Ensure that our content goes beyond fashion, is purpose-driven, and represents the diversity of our 10M+ customer base
Partner cross-functionally to build the process for Community Management
- Enable RTR to communicate with our network at scale (email & newsletter program), manage conversations 1:1, and empower our community to engage with each other (i.e. FB groups, etc)
- Partner with Customer Experience and Community teams to create a strong process to manage communications across different segments (interest, location, tier, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 - 8 years of experience in growth marketing, media and analytics.
- Fearlessly creative: You are known as a problem solver. Faced with a seemingly impossible task, you’re known for coming up with radical, creative ideas for hitting your goals. You’re creative in the way you look at data, in the way you apply it tactically, and how you think about our long-term strategic vision.
- Think strategically, act tactically: You set broader strategic goals, and are able to break down the tactical execution and steps that need to be taken in order to achieve your goals. You get it done and have fun while doing it. You’re resourceful -- you know how to take a small budget and make it go far
- Lover of all things analytics: You are passionate about analytics and love digging into the data to draw out key insights and figure out “the job to be done.” You are skilled at leveraging data to tell impactful stories, make decisions and align executive stakeholders around your vision.
- Self-starter: You have ownership over your domain, you are able to set a vision and drive process forward, you push the envelope to bring new ideas to life and challenge the status quo. You can build strategy and execute soup-to-nuts. No job is too small or too big.
- Cross-functional collaborator: You work across teams seamlessly. You know how to rally people around a vision to get things done. Your colleagues love working with you -- you have an innate ability to move projects forward quickly, stay on top of details, and make people (at all levels) feel valued, respected and heard.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.