Senior Manager, Growth Marketing (Performance Media and Acquisition)
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Growth Marketing to help lead our paid marketing efforts, focusing deeply on our SEM, Display and Affiliate channels. In this role, you will drive strategy and execution across our media channels, plan and optimize our marketing budget, assess channel and campaign performance, and lead day-to-day execution. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of performance marketing and acquisition KPIs, has a highly analytical and technical skillset, moves quickly, and has demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of SEM campaign deliverables, including structuring and targeting improvements, keyword and audience expansion, landing page testing, search query mining, and improvement of the bid management process. As needed, manage external performance marketing agencies for campaign development and optimization
- Own the strategy, budget and execution of new customer acquisition across other digital marketing channels, including: Affiliate, Display, Re-targeting, and Video advertising
- Oversee rigorous creative testing and landing page optimization to maximize media spend.
- Manage and deliver consistent reporting to the leadership team providing a clear perspective on campaign successes, risks, and opportunities
- Collaborate with engineering and product to drive initiatives for impacting organic visibility of focused category keywords, site architecture, and taxonomy and content
- Partner with Analytics and Finance teams to forecast business growth, and set strategic approach for driving highest ROI marketing investments. Manage complex acquisition modelling and multi-touch attribution modeling
- Manage budget to support P&L goals, partnering with Finance on reporting and forecasting
- Select, negotiate contracts, and partner with digital agencies and vendors to support business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree, M.B.A. preferred, with 5-7 years of experience in acquisition marketing and paid advertising
- Deep customer acquisition experience in a digital brand in a fast growth environment and at scale
- Extensive experience executing paid advertising campaigns across Google, Ad networks and ad agencies
- Highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, with experience in a rigorous A/B testing environment and desire to test & learn
- Strong knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc is a plus
- Able to lead through persuasion and use data/research to make a case
- No challenge is too big or small. You’re equally an executor and can go deep into the details, but also can drive big picture strategy
- Must be highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences.
- Collaborate well across teams in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- You have exceptional written skills and can keep large teams aligned and informed
- Experience running paid advertising for a B2C subscription product is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.