Senior Internal Communications Manager
Squarespace is seeking an accomplished Communications Manager to lead employee/internal communications.
At Squarespace, the world’s most talented engineers, designers, and thought leaders are shaping the future of digital publishing. You will build and execute a world-class strategy and program to clearly communicate our vision, platform and products in ways that educate, inspire, engage and unite our rapidly growing workforce of almost 1K employees in three global offices.
As a strong writer, creative thinker and collaborator, you will work directly with senior leadership of the company to serve as a thought partner on all internal communications. In doing so, you’ll develop standards of excellence for our internal communications strategy, ensuring our messaging is clear and consistent while aligning with our overall business objectives, culture and values. You’ll collaborate with our broader organization to create programs that strengthen employee engagement and drive Squarespace forward as an employer brand. You will support the development of our new Leadership Network initiative aimed at engaging mid level leaders in the overall mission of Squarespace. In addition, you’ll serve as a key partner in developing and supporting Squarespace’s Diversity and Inclusion and Corporate Social Responsibility strategies in conjunction with the newly appointed Chief People Officer who will be a key stakeholder.
This role will report to the Director of Communications in our NYC headquarters and partner closely with our executive leadership team.
- Build and execute a sophisticated internal communications program that evolves alongside our fast-growing company; define and implement internal communications channels and best practices using creative methods for engaging audiences at all levels
- Strengthen employee understanding of Squarespace’s vision, objectives, success metrics and culture
- Closely partner with senior company leadership to advise on all internal communications matters
- Serve as a communications thought leader across various businesses, leaders, and geographies to develop content across multiple channels and facilitate company-wide roll-outs; Manage complex organizational communications
- Develop and implement a strategy to enhance our employer brand, liaising between internal and external contacts to deliver upon success metrics
- Advise, edit and write internal communications on behalf of leadership that are clear and consistent
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to create programs that strengthen employee engagement
- Determine measurement and effectiveness for internal communications strategies
- 12-15+ years of experience working in-house in internal/employee communications in various industries and disciplines, such as organizational, change, employer brand and social media management, crisis, and executive communications
- Strategic thinker with impeccable project, time, and relationship management skills
- Experience working directly with and advising senior business leaders in executing communications plans that achieve business objectives; ability to build strong relationships quickly and collaborate across multiple disciplines to achieve buy in
- Demonstration of how thoughtful and creative communications strategies can impact employee behavior
- Strong track record of partnership with cross functional teams
- Ability to absorb and implement a wide range of feedback thoroughly and efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of having implemented multiple employee communications campaigns that are creative, fun and engaging, while demonstrating high value business results
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 670 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.