Senior Director, Growth Marketing & Analytics
Paperless Post is seeking a quantitative, results-oriented Senior Director of Growth Marketing and Analytics to drive sender growth for our online invitations platform. Paperless Post has a strong premium brand in a commodified space. 20% of American adults have used the product, and the vast majority of senders and customers have come from our own viral usage.
This role will lead a team of marketers and work with embedded data analysts to acquire new users and convert a higher number of the 100M accounts in our network today to engaged senders.
The Senior Director of Growth Marketing & Analytics will construct and execute the quantitative strategy for all marketing channels (product funnel, organic search, paid digital, email). The successful candidate will thrive in the following challenges:
Deliver aggressive growth: Our company is looking to accelerate event growth, particularly around our new product “Flyer”. This role, as a leader on the growth team, will be at the center of that focus.
Customer Segmentation: With over 10 years of data on 100M users, this role will design and execute the strategy for segmenting our customer base to drive engagement profitably.
Partnering with Product: Our product grows virally through usage and therefore our product funnel is our biggest marketing channel. This role will test and measure product marketing strategies to augment our natural growth funnels in close partnership with our Product and Engineering Teams.
Informing our Brand Marketing: Our owned channels (onsite, in app, outbound and triggered email) can only drive growth if the messaging is clear and resonant with users. This role will partner closely with Brand Marketing to create marketing plans that elegantly combine quantitative and creative strategies. This role reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer.
What you’ll do here
- Look to drive aggressive growth by mapping out our full funnel growth model and activating all levers (product funnel, organic search, paid digital, email etc.) to bring new users to send event invitations
- Partner with Brand Marketing to create and execute the quarterly strategy and goals for maximizing engagement from our primary channels - paid digital, SEO, email, and on-site funnel
- Own our customer segmentation and lifecycle marketing strategy including LTV framework and software tools
- Identify and prioritize and execute opportunities to acquire, activate, reactivate and convert senders from within our database of 100 million users and beyond
- Work with Brand Marketing, Data and Product & Engineering teams to build and implement tests and launch marketing campaigns (paid, email, product, social) that drive platform usage based on data
- 10+ years combined experience in consumer-focused data analytics and growth marketing
- 5+ years experience managing people
- Track record of ownership and growth with a bias toward action and results
- Experience building multi-channel marketing strategies including SEO, SEM, social media & CRM
- Strong familiarity and experience with A/B testing methods & frameworks
- Proven success in top-of-funnel conversion using creative, data-driven tactics
- Extensive experience using social and web analytics tools, CRM and email marketing tools
- The ability to move quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related business field
- MBA preferred
A little about the team
The Growth Team is a business unit dedicated to our growth strategy and execution. It is a group of marketers, strategists, analysts and creatives that is obsessed with growth and owns our consumer strategy (which users we’re targeting), our brand strategy (what we stand for in the market), our marketing strategy (how we drive users to our products) and our growth model (the data behind how we grow). The Growth Team is in the unique position of getting to work with every team in the company -- from product and engineering to content designers, data analysts and senior leadership.
Life at Paperless Post
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 100 million people connect in the real world since our inception. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!